Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 2

How to request a SiteAdvisor site rating change

The new version of the SiteAdvisor ratings pages has a Request Review option on the main page. This is supposed to be an automated alternative to the existing means of getting a site's rating reviewed and changed. Whether it works as advertised is still not certain - it hasn't been implemented for long, and I'm still assessing its effectiveness.

The previous method involved contacting SiteAdvisor by email or using a web feedback form, and was primarily intended for the use of website owners. The procedure is set out in two existing documents -

How To Contact SiteAdvisor

McAfee SiteAdvisor Site Rating Explanation + Appeal Process

The two links below are for TrustedSource, which influences SiteAdvisor ratings in real-time.

.. anonymously submit them at http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url?action=checksingle by selecting the product "SiteAdvisor".

If you want to address an issue with a web site in Site Advisor, that is based on McAfee's Trusted Source Web Reputation, please go to http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url and use the web form to contact the Trusted Source team

If you contact TrustedSource a ticket is created for the website so progress in rating or re-rating it can be tracked.

There is a link in one of the documents to a web feedback page at http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html which appears to be intended for site owners or corporate users, since it asks for a User ID.  There is also an email address (support@siteadvisor.com) which is different from the one given on the TrustedSource pages (sites@siteadvisor.com). Contacting TrustedSource or SiteAdvisor by email allows you to be kept updated on rating/re-rating progress. The Request Review option does not allow this for anyone who is not the website owner - I still have to hear what the process involves once you have identified yourself as the owner.

microsoft.com - McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search.png

If you click on the button, you go to a page asking for details of how you wish the site to be rated, and whether the overall description of the website's main purpose should be changed. You can also choose from the dropdown menu one or more categories to accompany any Caution or Warning (Yellow or Red) rating.

Reviewer Central - McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search.png

Edit - For the record, as an experiment I chose a fictitious website name and asked SiteAdvisor to rate it. It came up Grey, of course, because no such site exists. I then clicked on Request Review and posed as the site owner. Eventually I arrived at a Website Owner Verification page I hadn't seen before. If you're interested, the whole process has been included in another document - "How to submit a website for testing by SiteAdvisor".

1 Reply
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to request a SiteAdvisor site rating change

I've copied that post into a document (see HERE). Discussion threads eventually slide into oblivion, a document should stick around a bit longer. Comments added to the document will be subject to moderation (I foresee lots of people saying Why Is My Site Still Not Tested, and Can You Change The Rating To Green - for the record, the answer to the second question is, No I Can't.)

General comments about reviewing site ratings can be added to this thread. Issues relating to a specific site rating should be raised in a new discussion thread.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 08/07/13 18:52:43 IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community