cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiran108
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

How to remove Red Status of My Site in McAfee Site Advisor?

I am working for BharatStudent.Com since 2009. I never found any malware, spyware content in my website. But The McAfee Site Advisor is showing Site attack report  in red status..

Please help me to remove red status.

Thanks in Advance.

9 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to remove Red Status of My Site in McAfee Site Advisor?

Hello V R Kiran Kumar Pavuluri & welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

There are procedures for appealing a SiteAdvisor rating.  Please click on the link below which will take you to a post here by Moderator Ex-Brit that explains how to appeal your site's rating.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/68874#68874

* In doing some preliminary checking, I notice that the Web of Trust (WOT) has also rated your site as high risk.  It is also possible that while your website may itself be fine, any other sites linked to or associated with your site may not be safe.

Please feel free to post back here if you need additional help.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/7/11 9:18:44 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/7/11 9:21:44 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/7/11 9:24:21 AM EDT
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

The site has a poor reputation mostly because of alleged incidents of phishing and spamming. These may be mostly historical, going back to the period before 2009, but some doubt appears to exist even now over the site's trustworthiness - as can be seen from the site's review page on WOT.

This site also links to globe7.com, which SiteAdvisor rates Red because it has hosted malware in the not-too-distant past - not too surprising perhaps, if the site has clocked up 58 million downloads, but presumably "hosting" also led to "downloading", which gets noticed.

You will need to address both of these in order to ensure a Green rating. If your site is still owned by Northgate Technologies you should be able to get the resources to do infosec audits and make any necessary site modifications.

bharatstudent.com - WOT Reputation Scorecard - WOT (Web of Trust).png

Message was edited by: Hayton on 09/10/11 05:32:19 IST
kiran108
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hello Hayton,

There may be something went wrong as you said before 3-4 years, but I request you to crawl the site again because we have integrated with Facebook and we are getting error from Facebook traffic. BharatStudent is No.3 social networking site according to Comscore and has good alexa ranking. We are working with Top branded advertisers and your error is spoiling our relationships. Hope you understand our concerns and request you to check our site now and suggest us if we need to modify any content or links.

The site has link to Globe7 because Bharat Student providing VOIP services using Globe7. I contacted Globe7 team and they are saying their present EXE is trusted by many sites.

Here is the link I got from them:http://globe7.software.informer.com/awards/

I really appreciate your prompt reply and I wish you definitely help me in these issues ASAP.

Thanks

Kiran

http://who.securepaynet.net/whois.aspx?domain=bharatstudent.com&prog_id=niccom

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Hi Kiran,

Not sure if you have submitted the Site Advisor website dispute rating form. If not please visit http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html to fill out the feedback form that will then be sent directly to the McAfee Labs team for response.

Please  find some information on the dispute resolution process http://www.siteadvisor.com/webmasters/index.html, which will provide information on expected turnaround times. Kindly fill out as much information as possible with regard to why they feel that the rating is in error, or changes that they have made to their site that would have an impact on the rating of the site.

Regards,

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

When running the site url through virus total it comes up clean but....Could be other issues involved.In fairness Site advisor and Wot both rate as Red.So your best bet is to follow Dinz`s advice.maybe they can reanalize the site soon.Hear are virus total URL results.

site.JPG

kiran108
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hai Dinz,

thanks for your reply.. still we are facing some problemwith site advisor, we found that McAfee site advisor software shows in greenmark in google search engine result page, but McAfee Site advisor website report tool is showing in red status. Here we have uploaded an image for yourkind reference. please see and let me know solution as early as possible.

Thanks ..

bs.jpg

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

An additional observation here, if I may.

In checking the SiteAdvisor reviewer reviews on the bharatstudent(dot)com website, I note that in June 2010, a reviewer posted 3 positive reviews, each review worded EXACTLY the same, and all within a 4-minute time period on the same day.  Additionally, a reviewer using the name of Kiran108, posted a review on October 11, 2011 at 7:30 a.m. which reads, "This site is good."  This does not reflect well on the site or its reputation, and presents the appearance of attempts to influence/distort the website's reputation towards a positive rating.

In addition, in checking the reviews at results.bharatstudent.com and m.bharatstudent.com, I see that the same reviewer using the name of, Kiran108, has posted the comment, "This site is good" on October 11, 2011 at 7:30 a.m..

The reviews at blogs.bharatstudent.com show the same comment from Kiran108 posted on October 11, 2011 at 7:30 a.m.  Also shown are 5 identical comments worded, "This site is good", which were posted by a reviewer using a different name, within a 4 minute time period on June 9, 2010 as well. 

Genuine, unbiased, impartial reviews are those which are unsolicited by the site owners or anyone connected with the site itself, nor posted by the site owners themselves either!   Given what I have discovered thus far, I consider all of the multiple positive reviews being posted in the extremely short time periods & the same days on the bharatstudent.com website and the other aforementioned sites affiliated with it to be highly suspect.

It is also of concern Kiran, that you sent a PM on October 7, 2011 to another forum member (not a Moderator or McAfee staff person), seeking assistance with this same issue.  April Jacobs then moved that PM to a new topic in the SiteAdvisor forum, which was subsequently locked by a Moderator when it was discovered it was a duplicate of this topic.  (See this link:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/209678#209678)

Frankly Kiran, it appears to me you are attempting to circumvent the entire SiteAdvisor appeals rating process employing unethical and highly suspicious methodology to achieve a favorable SiteAdvisor rating for your website.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 8:29:30 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 8:38:14 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 8:49:55 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 8:58:39 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 9:04:59 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 9:17:21 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 9:38:34 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 9:43:17 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 9:56:06 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 9:59:19 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 10:09:17 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 10:14:31 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 10:15:01 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 10:25:04 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 10:37:14 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 10/11/11 11:33:25 AM EDT
kiran108
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thank You Very Much to U All .... Now Our Site is in Green Status in Site Advisor..

Dinz
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

You are welcome

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community