cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G2K
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

How to prevent chrome app from forcefully downloading its self without my permission

I keep removing it an it comes back. I dont want it on my browser an I dont want to have to take further action.  It has happened for almost 6 month now.  Ridiculous.  It isent helpfull at all.  Feels like its malware in its self on how it forces its self to download.

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to prevent chrome app from forcefully downloading its self without my permission

Hello @G2K ,

We are sorry or the inconvenience caused.

WebAdvisor is a McAfee product that helps you protect from threats while you search and browse on the web. It also safeguards you from malware and phishing attempts while you surf, without impacting your browsing performance.

If you remove or disable WebAdvisor from the browser, McAfee will detect the missing extension and prompt you to restore it.

To uninstall WebAdvisor from your computer, please click the link below that has steps to uninstall.

How to uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor

Thank you,

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community