cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjoyb
Former Member
Message 1 of 20

How to add a website as Trusted Site in Internet Security?

Jump to solution

I have Development server runs on IP, I want to add it as Trusted site as McAfee ask everytime before downloading anything or loading any website from there. How can I add it to Trusted Site in McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Re: How to add a website as Trusted Site in Internet Security?

Jump to solution

You may not need a tech for this, and the answer may perhaps be quite simple - if this works, that is.

SiteAdvisor allows you to whitelist a site. If the text accompanying the options page is correct you should be able to download files without being warned every time.

I've tested this in the past and it worked for site access; I'm not sure if this also whitelists downloads from a Yellow site.

Click on the down-arrow to the right of the McAfee/SiteAdvisor symbol, and select "Options .."

When the SA Options window appears, click "Trusted Sites"

Add the URL if it's not auto-added already, and click "Add", then "Save".

SA options Trusted Sites.jpg

If this doesn't work please let us know, because the text on the Options/Trusted Sites window may need to be changed (or possibly the program itself).

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 20

Jump to solution

Is this a siteadvisor warning  or netguard

A pic would help.  both have options to allow Ips or web addresses

sanjoyb
Former Member
Message 3 of 20

Jump to solution

Thnx for the quick reply, I have attached a pic for your reference. Sorry to embossed it few places as the ip and content are copyrighted.

The app is a silverlight web app thus need few files to run in browser (20~25), so it's really annoying to permit individually each time.

Thnx again for the help.

SanjoyMcAfee.png

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 20

Jump to solution

Possible that if you add that ip in netguard settings in the firewall settings it might be allowed.

I assume the site has not bad downloads so maybe requesting a review of the site or files

somes suggested avenues to do this

I also have pinged a high level tech to review this

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 20

Jump to solution

Moved to Site Advisor-By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sanjoyb
Former Member
Message 6 of 20

Jump to solution

Thnx to both of you guys. The site is a pure development server (dedicated hosting with static ip) which we access to test and deploy as QA server. There is only a Microsoft based development going on which is actually consist of few WCF services, MVC sites and few SQL DBs. I can understand that there are ActiveX objects which is actually custom build and thus not possible to come under McAfee knowledge base. 

To conclude, All I want is to add a simple exclusion (rule) on my laptop McAfee LiveSafe to the ip to be NOT scanned or blocked by Mcafee. Is there a way by which, I can do that from my Mcafee or I need to go through the Site Advisor route?

Thnx again. and

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 20

Jump to solution

try the netguard path you can input Ips there  and netguard takes its Ip reputation from trusted source so see what that way does.I did as I said ask a tech to review this.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 20

Jump to solution

As Peacekeeper stated,he has pinged a "High Level" Tech to address your issue. Keep an eye on this thread for his advice. I feel it best to defer this to the Support Technician.

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Jump to solution

You may not need a tech for this, and the answer may perhaps be quite simple - if this works, that is.

SiteAdvisor allows you to whitelist a site. If the text accompanying the options page is correct you should be able to download files without being warned every time.

I've tested this in the past and it worked for site access; I'm not sure if this also whitelists downloads from a Yellow site.

Click on the down-arrow to the right of the McAfee/SiteAdvisor symbol, and select "Options .."

When the SA Options window appears, click "Trusted Sites"

Add the URL if it's not auto-added already, and click "Add", then "Save".

SA options Trusted Sites.jpg

If this doesn't work please let us know, because the text on the Options/Trusted Sites window may need to be changed (or possibly the program itself).

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 20

Jump to solution

Interesting suggestion....I forgot about that. For I too also have certain sites in the Trusted list, both in my Browser/Site Advisor Live. However, just added a Site that always receives a (Yellow) Prompt..( allinfree.net)which I use to test if Site Advisor Live is working correctly, and it still received a (Yellow) Rating..

I might add also, in order to correctly (Add) a Trusted Site, have your Password/Hint Available.

I recommend Closing and Restarting your Browser after doing so.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community