cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodk1d
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

How to Enable McAfee SiteAdvisor on Firefox ?

Jump to solution

like the title says, I can't enable the McAfee SiteAdvisor, and I need for some how to enable it, I need to fix my facebook but i cant, it tells me that i have unsecuered ad's that blocking my facebook, its working on Explorer web broweser, in the tools option in firefox there is no Enable button for the McAfee SiteAdvisor, I need your help, sorry for the language and for the bad english.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/07/12 7:53:17 EDT AM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to Enable McAfee SiteAdvisor on Firefox ?

Jump to solution

I edited some bad words out of your post.  What is your operating system and service pack and what McAfee software version are you using - a suite or just SiteAdvisor alone?

Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Vista/Windows 7) - Add or Remove Programs (XP) and uninstall SiteAdvisor if listed then go to http://www.siteadvisor.com and re-download it.

If you receive your software from a McAfee account try uninstalling everything, run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page and reboot.

Download and install everything again from your online account.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

I edited some bad words out of your post.  What is your operating system and service pack and what McAfee software version are you using - a suite or just SiteAdvisor alone?

Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Vista/Windows 7) - Add or Remove Programs (XP) and uninstall SiteAdvisor if listed then go to http://www.siteadvisor.com and re-download it.

If you receive your software from a McAfee account try uninstalling everything, run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page and reboot.

Download and install everything again from your online account.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Moved to the SiteAdvisor section.

woodk1d
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

OK, uninstalled the siteadvisor, now im trying to download it again but there is only doanload for mac & android

im using win7 64BIT.

and  btw i can download it while im trying to login to my facebook acc because it tells me that it need to scene for unsecure add's on FB, but it never scens, just stuck to 0%......

so then i saw that SiteAdvisor is disabled on my firefox tools and couldn't enable it becauser there is no option for that

Edit: somt hing that i though about, mm im running firefox as adminstator, maybe because that my McAfee SA not enabled?

and if the big red Download button is the DL for pc vers so ok found it......

Message was edited by: woodk1d on 7/14/12 4:03:15 AM CDT

Edit: thank you all is working now, problem solved

Message was edited by: woodk1d on 7/14/12 4:09:24 AM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad it's OK 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community