cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeonis
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

How do I upgrade to version 3.4.1.195 on Firefox?

I have Vista Home Premium... when I download and install the latest version from siteadvisor.com the version number still says 3.4.1.123 in firefox. I was reading on bugzilla here that the latest version is 3.4.1.195 which solves many of the memory leaks. So why can't I download it? Is the update only for Windows 7?

9 Replies
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do I upgrade to version 3.4.1.195 on Firefox?

zeonis wrote:

I have Vista Home Premium... when I download and install the latest version from siteadvisor.com the version number still says 3.4.1.123 in firefox. I was reading on bugzilla here that the latest version is 3.4.1.195 which solves many of the memory leaks. So why can't I download it? Is the update only for Windows 7?

Hi zeonis,

Your FireFox Profile is corrupt. That's why you are having problems. Uninstall Firefox, completely. Reboot the computer. Make sure that all Mozilla FireFox folders are gone in your Identity. Reinstall FireFox. Say no to importing from Internet Explorer. Once Firefox is up and running, go to import and just import the Bookmarks and nothing else.

If you have special Bookmarks in Firefox, just load them in FireFox before uninstalling and copy the Url and then open Internet Explorer and paste in the Address Bar and go to, then bookmark.

It works, cause I had to do this.

If it doesn't work, then your User ID in Vista may be corrupt. But try the above first.

klauzser
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Try using the latest version of Firefox, but if that doesn't work. Try downgrading your Mozilla browser to version 3.6. Most programs work well with it.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 10

So what is it showing in siteadvisor?. Word is FF is seeing 2 versions of an execuitable and shows the earlier 1. If you have 195 is your memory issue improved?

That all said my FF is showing 195 as well as 195 in SA so maybe worth a refresh. as Thec suggests

zeonis
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

I forgot about checking the version number in siteadvisor itself. I just checked and it does indeed say 3.4.1.195 in siteadvisor. But when I go into the firefox add-ons manager and look at the plugins the version number says 3.4.1.123... strange. Yesterday I did try what thecreator suggested. Also I have not been using siteadvisor on firefox since I found out about the memory leak so I can't say whether the memory leak is better.

Message was edited by: zeonis on 3/1/12 1:22:19 AM CST

Message was edited by: zeonis on 3/1/12 1:26:43 AM CST
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 6 of 10

zeonis wrote:

I forgot about checking the version number in siteadvisor itself. I just checked and it does indeed say 3.4.1.195 in siteadvisor. But when I go into the firefox add-ons manager and look at the plugins the version number says 3.4.1.123... strange. Yesterday I did try what thecreator suggested. Also I have not been using siteadvisor on firefox since I found out about the memory leak so I can't say whether the memory leak is better.

Message was edited by: zeonis on 3/1/12 1:22:19 AM CST

Message was edited by: zeonis on 3/1/12 1:26:43 AM CST

Hi zeonis,

It should be 3.4.1.195 in About SiteAdvisor in FireFox and Internet Explorer as well as in Add-ons.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 10

As I said the techs confirmed that FF is reading teh version of an older exe file.  I myself would wonder if the addon that is loaded is the 195 but showing 123. When you tried what TheC suggested did it help?

Will ask the techs

zeonis
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

No what TheC suggested did not change anything as far as I know. Also I wanted to point out that in chrome under extentions in the options menu it says 3.41.123.1 but when you check in siteadvisor it says 3.4.1.195. Also in IE9 it says 3.4.0.0 under manage add-ons but then when you check in siteadvisor it says 3.4.1.195. Also to reply to TheC... I know it should say the 3.4.1.195 everywhere you look but it doesn't...

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I'm not sure about the two version numbers but I've asked for clarification. Version 123.2 is certainly the current version in Chrome according to the Extensions and Plug-Ins information. Someone who knows about this will, I hope, give an answer.

Edit - As for the memory leak, the latest (195) release has improved matters considerably. The remaining issues are being investigated, and discussions about Javascript in SiteAdvisor are ongoing in the Bugzilla thread.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 01/03/12 21:30:30 GMT
Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 10

Mine says 123 in plugins and 195 is shown in  extensions in FF. As Hayton says they are digging into this.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community