cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frogbert
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

How do I get WebAdvisor to update to latest version?

On one of my PC's I noticed WebAdvisor no longer marked as UNSIGNED in Firefox. Good progress guys...Or maybe not.

I notice that the unsigned warning is absent from 2 PC's but still there in 3 others indicating they are UNSIGNED.

Update add-ons in Firefox has no affect on this.

When I download SAsetup.ece...properties show version 3.72...implying it's older than the versions on any of the PC's

The versions shown under add.ons and about in webvisor differ.

All very confusing.

What's the best way to update Webadvisor to get the current version?

3 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I get WebAdvisor to update to latest version?

Try downloading/installing  from this site. McAfee WebAdvisor by Intel Security

Keep in mind that it may not update initially to the very latest Build, but it will. Also restart after installing to complete the installation.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

In addition here are some more Superb Free McAfee Tools  Free Tools | McAfee Downloads

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
frogbert
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

The link got me V 4.0.2.128 [based on version shown under options/ settings/about...and the "not signed" warning is gone under add-ons On this PC probably an improvement over the download from www,siteadvisor.com.. When I tried to install it on another PC, I got a message that this PC had a later version [I don't know where I got it] anyway I looked under options/ settings/about. and it shows V4.0.9.125...which indeed does appear newer..but there IS the "not signed" warning under add-ons. The version numbers shown under add-ons differ from the ones shown under options/ settings/about...the PC with V4.0.9.125. under add-ons shows webadvisor 4.06 "last updated 9/7/15.

On 2 PC's when I try to install the same V 4.0.2.128 and my browser is the same Firefox V42 [the latest V], I get error message "Your installation cannot continue because your browser does not meet our minimum system requirements. Please update your browser and try again. There are many other inconsistencies, but this a post not a Wikipedia article.

Every other Add-on, I have 23...including several security add-ons like WOT, NoScript, Disconnect, Ghostery, is signed and updates when when I  hit "check for updates" under add-ons. WebAdvisor is a mess...I'm trying hard to get up to date signed versions on each of 6 PC's and can't seem to pull it off.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community