cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peel
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

How do I get SiteAdvisor back onto Firefox?

Alright I have Mcafee Security center (not sure if its 7.0) but heres the prob

it used to be first time i opened firefox with mcafee installed i got message about siteadvisor and if i want to install. i said yes. and i gave it a password. now, i somehow got siteadvisor to be uninstalled so it doesnt even show up on firefox. i want it back and i want to make it so i dont know the password so i cant disable it myself.

p.s. on a sidenote, when i go to SecurityCenter>configure>protectionstatus>advanced>ignored problems, it displays a WHOLE bunch of ignored problems like things disabled,turned off, etc. wat do i do? :confused:
5 Replies
peel
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

RE: How do I get SiteAdvisor back onto Firefox?

bump...................................................................................................
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

I moved this to the correct forum.

Nothing to worry about. That table fills up with items that you have told Security Center to "Fix" or "Ignore". See mine in the thumbnail.
peel
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Yes, but I don't want to ignore the problems I want to fix them.

Also, thanks the site advisor thing worked. but are you sure I can't just change the password to a different password now (i know the current pass)?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

I assume that you can change the password but Technical Support Chat would be your best place to ask that.

Not sure why anyone would want to change a password that only they know anyway. It's not as if Siteadvisor effects anything to do with the security of your machine, it's merely an early warning system for possible bad websites. It has no actual protective power.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

You can also contact SiteAdvisor directly: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217274
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community