cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdharry
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

How do I get McAfee to respond to a request to remove from blacklist?

Hello - About 3 weeks ago our web site was compromised and McAfee rightly identified it as a problem and put it on the blacklist.  Since then we have located and removed the bad files, increased the security on the web site and contacted all the security companies who checked and cleared our web site.  Unfortunately McAfee has not done this, and as a result our business is seriously compromised as anyone replying to an old email with a link to the site gets their emails blocked, and they get a message saying our email address is permanently blocked.  Our web site providers have emailed McAfee 3 times, never a reply.  I have desperately tried to contact them - no reply.  SO I joined this forum in an attempt to get help.  So many people use McAfee, it is vital they remove the block, but how to I get them to do it?  All these HAVE checked and declared the domain clean, Google Safe Browsing, Norton Safe Webs, Phish tank, Opera browser, Sucuri Malware Labs blacklist, SpamHaus DBL, Bitdefender, Yandax (via Sophos) ESET  and only , SiteAdvisor(McAfee) has not checked and is still blacklisting our site which is www.rpclettings.co.uk  Please Please will someone tell me how to get them to check and lift this blacklist that is causing such serious problems to our company.

Carolyn Harry

Company Secretary

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I get MacAfee to respond to a request to remove from blacklist?

Moved to SiteAdvisor for faster response.

Meanwhile take a look here: 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Could you kindly follow the guidelines/instructions

Please create a ticket, and post back your results.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

I should note that you misspelled McAfee several times, inserting an 'a' where none exists, before the 'c'.   If your emails were addressed that way they would not reach McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community