cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashubetta
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

How do I claim the ownership of my blog?

I have a computer related blog in Blogger - PC Ton!c - and I want to claim it's ownership in McAfee SiteAdvisor. But I don't know how to create the blank verification file in my blog. Please help...
happy
3 Replies
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: How do I claim the ownership of my blog?

You can create the verification file on your PC. Just open Notepad, and then Save the empty file with the name given to you by the SiteAdvisor website.

You will then need to upload this file to the root of your site (using FTP, WebDav, or HTTP or...).
ashubetta
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Well I don't know how to do that...
Mouton
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Anyway, the verification system's still not working ... so this is the first reason that make this verification impossible.

Here the second one
For your blog, you're not authorized to upload any file in the root. The blog system belongs to Google and no upload is authorized there (same problem form sitemap, etc...)

So, you'll not be able to verify you're ownership ...

(Confirmation all around the web and in http://theos.in/hakuna-matata/adding-google-sitemap-to-bloggercom-blog-account/)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community