cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qbic
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

High Risk - Email

Few weeks ago, when we realized that some mail servers are rejecting email from us, we found out that the IP address of our mail server is listed as "high risk" in McAfee Threat Center. We got this IP (89.24.119.154) from our new ISP and at that time it was in fact blacklisted on several databases (I checked it via mxtoolbox.com). We applied for removal from these databases and we've never been listed on any blacklist since that time (almost half a year ago), yet on Threat Intelligence we are marked as a high risk.

I already applied (twice) via the "Threat Feedback" button filled up the form including notes (with explanation that I believe we are listed as false positive) and I didn't get any response. As this is quite a problem for us I need to resolve it quickly, so I decided to post here on forums to hopefully get some response here (It's been two weeks since we first tried to contact McAfee directly).

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: High Risk - Email

Have you tried these methods?

Consumer

Corporate

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Consumer

One is for Site Advisor, and the other for McAfee Labs.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Edited: By Catdaddy 9/29/2014

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
qbic
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

I looked on this FAQ:

But I got feeling, that it is only for classification of websites, not for email...

Anyway I filled in some description in "Optional comment" leaving out Categorization, hopefully I'll get some response.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Good Luck, and wishing you all the best

If any of those Links are of no assistance, quite possibly someone can add their perspective.

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
samehfayed
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

If you are a mcafee customer, open a support case for gti and support will assist you to identify the reason why you are rated. They will also clear your status once sure problem is gone.

Sameh

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community