cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alice123
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Help! McAfee is marking my site as having blocked content and dangerous and suspicious

Hi. For some reason McAfee is marking my website as having 'blocked content' and as potentially dangerous or suspicious.  Can you tell me why this is?  How can I stop this warning coming up on my website?  I have just put my website address into Site Advisor and it came up clean - with a big green tick!

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help! McAfee is marking my site as having blocked content and dangerous and suspicious

Moved to site advisor forum. Please contact Siteadvisor as explained in the link below and ask them for a review. If no fix in say a week post back and i will bump this directly to a SA tech

https://community.mcafee.com/message/66185#66185

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Help! McAfee is marking my site as having blocked content and dangerous and suspicious

SiteAdvisor's Green rating probably dates from the last time the site was fully checked. The warning you see will most likely be from Trustedsource, flagging a recent problem.

If you want to give me the website URL (by Private Message if you prefer) I can investigate using some site-checking tools and maybe get some indication of what's going on.

alice123
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

How do I private message you?  I'm new to all this!

Thanks!

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Click on your name and then open the Private message tab. Click on compose Messaage and Type in Hayton's name and when it pops up under the typing click on it.and fill out form.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Or you could just say what the site URL is here. It would be simpler.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I was unable to get to the bottom of this. I didn't see any blocking messages on your site.

SiteAdvisor, Trustedsource and Sucuri all agree that the site is now okay. The problem may have been with a link to tumblr.com, because NoScript in Firefox is blocking an iFrame from that site and iframes are often used for malware attacks so they get quite restrictive treatment by antivirus programs.

In Chrome I have Abine's DoNotTrack+. and that is blocking Google AdSense, Google Analytics and Facebook Connect on your site. Possibly my security settings are such that they were filtering out whatever it was that was causing the problem.

If you still see content being blocked or you get the problem again please ask for another site check. There are other tools I can use if there's definitely a problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community