cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mercury7
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

Have SiteAdvisor updates for Vista ceased?

Jump to solution

I have 2 computers - one is Windows 7-64bit and the other is Vista-32 bit.  Up until recently both had SiteAdvisor 3.5.0.229 (which was installed on 8/27/2012).  Recently on the Windows 7 machine SiteAdvisor has updated to 3.6.0.155 (on 10/16/2012) and then to 3.6.0.159 (on 10/25/2012).  Meanwhile there have been no further updates to the Vista machine beyond 3.5.0.229.

I've tried the "check for updates" on the Vista machine, but the response is that I have the most current version.

Has McAfee ceased providing software updates for Vista computers?

Mercury7

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Re: Have SiteAdvisor updates for Vista ceased?

Jump to solution

No they haven't stopped updating for Vista, or any OS that is currently supported from XP SP3 and upwards.

It's not uncommon for different installation to show different versions as that depends on where they were installed from and when.

Updates occur at different times on different servers.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/11/12 8:19:16 EST PM

View solution in original post

5 Replies
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

https://community.mcafee.com/message/261036#261036

Hi miguelgrado,     I checked with the respective team and found that there was an error in the release of 3.6, also 3.6 version of Site Advisor is not released yet and we are hoping it will be planned to release in the month of December / January. Thanks,  Regards, Karthik Shankar McAfee Community Moderator

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 26/10/12 5:12:48 CDT
Forospyware Warrior
Mercury7
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

After the above postings were made, I noticed that for my Windows 7 machine, version 3.6.0.161 was made on 10/31/2012. So McAfee is still making releases for Windows 7 (contrary to Karthik's statement about planned a planned release in December or January).  So clearly releases are being made related to 3.6.

The referenced posting has to do with the lack of a Spanish translation.  Perhaps the error referred to in Karthik's response has to do with the Spanish version.

So back to my original question - Has McAfee ceased providing updates to SiteAdvisor for the Vista operating system?

Mercury7

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

No they haven't stopped updating for Vista, or any OS that is currently supported from XP SP3 and upwards.

It's not uncommon for different installation to show different versions as that depends on where they were installed from and when.

Updates occur at different times on different servers.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/11/12 8:19:16 EST PM
Mercury7
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Right you are, Ex_Brit.  Today (Nov 7) SiteAdvisor updated to 3.6.0.164 on my Vista computer.  (That's the first update since Aug 27.)

Mercury7

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Then you are actually ahead of me..!  😉

SA doesn't update too often, so I guess I'll be seeing it soon.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community