cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 22

Re: HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages.

I contacted the staffer this are not my area of expertise so only here as noone else noticed your post. Will see if the staffer replies by tomorrow.

adnandzonlic
Former Member
Message 12 of 22

Tony - Peacekeepeer

I have a smae problem with my FB site www.facebook.com/Zenicablog because McAfee have a WARNING on all my facebook links to my site www.zenicablog.com  I have a big problem with that and I wrote some aplication, forms, but nothing...

jjay
Contributor
Message 13 of 22

So I tried to even get support help online...

GoToAssist (18:21:16):
Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support.  An agent will be with you shortly.

Customer (18:21:26):
ok

Arun CM (18:23:40):
Hi Jeffrey, this is Arun from McAfee Technical Support and I would be assisting you today.
Arun CM (18:23:50):
Not to worry, we will leverage all our resources to resolve this issue because your concern is our concern.
Arun CM (18:24:07):
As I understand, you are unable to access the websites . Is that correct?

Customer (18:24:46):
I am the site owner of jjaystaxidermy.com
Customer (18:24:54):
I am trying te verify my site

Arun CM (18:25:01):
not to worry. I will try my level best to help you.
Arun CM (18:25:06):
For verification purpose, may I have your home telephone number with area code first?

Customer (18:25:15):
when I try to verify I get this code "HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages. "
Customer (18:25:33):
###-###-#### and ###-###-####

Arun CM (18:25:36):
How do you currently connect to the Internet? (Dial-up, DSL, Cable, or Wireless)

Customer (18:25:41):
dsl

Arun CM (18:25:55):
May I know if you are contacting from the same computer, which has an issue?

Customer (18:26:24):
it's not my computer with the issue, it is a site advisor issue with my web site

Arun CM (18:27:03):
Thank you for all the information
Arun CM (18:28:05):
I was unable to locate your account with the e-mail address you had provided. Is there an alternate E-mail address, with which you might have registered your McAfee account?

Customer (18:28:27):
of course my mistake.  ----

Arun CM (18:29:49):
Thank you for the information.
Arun CM (18:29:57):
we would like to offer you a free remote session in order to assist you better with the issue. May I go ahead and take a remote access to your system in order to resolve the issue?

Customer (18:31:18):
I don't have an issue with my system.  The issue is site advisor keeps telling me that I have HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages.  and I can not verify myself as the owner of www.jjaystaxidermy.com  My site page rating is gray and i have been trying for a week to get it green.

Arun CM (18:31:43):
Let me check this issue by taking the remote access, Jeffrey.

There is no remote access needed...why can't Arun read what I am trying to say? 

Message was edited by: jjay on 5/17/12 5:36:26 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 22

Because they do not fix SA issues that is a separate area. That is why I directly contacted the staffer in the SA work area. I could read into your log that he could think you had net issues  so would not grump too much about his answers. i feel he was only doing what his area covered.

You have a point though. I will pass your and my thoughts onto the support head.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 18/05/12 1:53:09 PM
jjay
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

That makes sense Tony, and the thought crossed my mind.  He could have said though that he does not handle SA issues.  It was all the links to "contact SA" that led me to him in the first place.  By the way, I thank you for all of your responses and desire to help fix the situation.

jjay
Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Still waiting for some help on the matter.  My site is still not green, I have still not found any information on how to solve anything that may still be wrong on my end.  I am begging for help here.

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 22

Sorry my PMs are being ignored he must be busy will wait till Monday then email him if no change.

jjay
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Checking in on any progress.  Tony, is there anything you know of on my end I can do?  Is there a better board to post this on?  I see many more posts like mine that are answered and problem solved.  Did I maybe anger someone and will not receive help now.  I never meant to step on toes, just eager to see my site as safe which it is.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 22

Actually I am wondering if I annoyed someone. I have mentioned this in our agenda items in our weekly contact so will see what they say.

All contact details here

Use the feedback form linked HERE or email them at support@siteadvisor.com

Alternative Contact link HERE.

Failing that I suggest contacting Technical Support Chat, available through the McAfee Support link, or Useful Links, at the top of this page, it's free via phone or online chat.

FAQ's HERE

Website owners see THIS thread.

PDF document explaining the Site status dispute resolution process: http://www.siteadvisor.com/disputeresolution.pdf

If you want to address an issue with a web site in Site Advisor, that is based on McAfee's Trusted Source Web Reputation, please go to http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url and use the web form to contact the Trusted Source team.

If you want to track your requests or be notified via email, you can register for a free TrustedSource.org account.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 22/05/12 6:21:28 AM
x-pmeyer
Former Member
Message 20 of 22

Hello jjay,

the website is green now: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/jjaystaxidermy.com

Best regards,

Peter

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community