cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 21

Re: HELP! Site and emails declared threat. False Positive.

Jump to solution

Thank you, will pass along

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 21

Re: Re: HELP! Site and emails declared threat. False Positive.

Jump to solution

Hi

The site rating for the website is flagged as Suspicious by Site Advisor (See Image Below). In order to submit a ticket we will need details such as the category of Site (Business Type), whether attacked previously, Owner etc. I noticed that the site doesn't use HTTPS which is also a concern.

g7 consulting.png

g71consulting.png

timaron
Former Member
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

We already submitted a ticket with that info, was never attacked previously. It's a brochure ware business to business site. No logins or password are required. It just has info on the company for potential clients. I have designed many many sites and none of them are flagged for not being HTTPS so don't see how or why that would be a factor in this.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

Thank you Selvan...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
timaron
Former Member
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

Thanks for all of the replies but I'm not sure it's helped in anyway. Maybe I'm missing somehting but it seems we've done the things suggested and have heard nothing.

Selvan, in case you were needing that info again and wanted to submit a new ticket, it would be:

Business Type: Business Services or B2B

Attacked Previously: No

Owner: Barry White (barry.white@g7consulting.com)

Again, we did have a ticket submitted about 7 business days ago and have heard nothing back. Ticket #1163711.

WPEngine Support also put in a request to Mcafee on our behalf for fixing the issue as well.

Also, let me know if there is some issue with HTTP vs HTTPS. This site is on a shared server that I run three sites on, the other two are also HTTP and come up as completely clean through Mcafee so this leads me to believe this is a non-issue. Let me know if I'm missing something or if SiteAdvisor is more prone to false positives when SSL isn't activated.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

Thank you for your invaluable input in a effort to getting your issues resolved. I simply was thanking Selvan for responding to request to assist you. I am certain he will exhaust every avenue possible to help you. As he himself is a Tier Tech 2.5 Engineer from Support.

I will leave you in his most capable of hands....

All the very best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

-  I have submitted a ticket from my end #1166348. Let us wait for the Review to be complete. Fingers crossed.

Welcome

timaron
Former Member
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

Thanks Selvan, I appreciate the help. Hope this does the trick.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 21

Re: Re: Re: HELP! Site and emails declared threat. False Positive.

Jump to solution

The site has been white-listed. Please post back the status after checking Oracle software.

g7 consultingresolve.png

timaron
Former Member
Message 20 of 21

Jump to solution

Yes, just got confirmation as well. Thank you so much for your help and patience.

You too catdaddy!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community