cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timaron
Former Member
Message 1 of 21

HELP! Site and emails declared threat. False Positive.

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Our website and emails have been listed as a threat and it's causing huge headaches. I've tried emailing and submitting feedback through various forms I found via google but have yet to hear anything back. Any help would be hugely appreciated. I know a colleague submitted a ticket as well (1163711). Our current hosting (WPEngine) also looked into it and did a deep scan and declared it a false positive. They said they submitted something to Mcafee as well although they didn't send a ticket number for me to reference. I've done test via online scanning services and it comes up as safe everywhere else.

The website is Link Removed By Moderator for safety of others

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

Removed by

Cliff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 21

Re: Re: Re: HELP! Site and emails declared threat. False Positive.

Jump to solution

The site has been white-listed. Please post back the status after checking Oracle software.

g7 consultingresolve.png

View solution in original post

20 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 21

Re: HELP! Site and emails declared threat. False Positive.

Jump to solution

Since I see no McAfee Enterprise Product in your profile. Also no mention of it being detected by Artemis!. You can try following these Guidelines/Instructions

Trusted Source generally being the most expedient. Create a Ticket for future reference, in case you need it for future reference. It generally takes 3-4 business days to resolve.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 21

Jump to solution

As you can see by the 'Site Report' it is indeed 'Flagged'. http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=http://g7consulting.com/

Please understand that I am removing your Link for the safety of others.

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
timaron
Former Member
Message 4 of 21

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, we attempted exactly that last week. So it's now business day #6 and we haven't heard anything. We're at a loss since there is no one to contact directly. The flag shows up as from 2013 with mediatemple as a host. We are on wpengine and the site has been redesigned multiple times since then so I don't even know how to address it. It's a business website for a field service company and shows up as fine when scanned by any other service.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 21

Jump to solution

Moved to WebAdvisor

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 21

Jump to solution

Then I would suggest following these guidelines/instructions

After a successful submission, you should receive a Analysis ID #. If not resolved in 4-5 business days. Post back the Analysis ID # and we can contact someone from McAfee Labs on your behalf.

In addition, since you say you created a ticket, if you could furnish that, I could also contact someone on your behalf as well.

Thank you for your patience,

CD.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
timaron
Former Member
Message 7 of 21

Jump to solution

Also had our host do a scan in case we were hacked but they declared it a false positive as well.

WPEngineScan.png

timaron
Former Member
Message 8 of 21

Jump to solution

This looks to be regarding windows software vs a URL being incorrectly flagged. Am I missing something?

Also for reference, here is the screenshot we received from a potential client that started the whole realization/investigation.

Also what's odd is when I do a scan it has incorrect DNS information and lists the sac as having happened in 2013. I assumed that meant this incorrect flag happened ages ago and was never brought to our attention.

image003.jpg@01D1576A.6FD86EA0.jpeg

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 21

Jump to solution

Did you create a Ticket number with Web Advisor/Trusted Source? I am contacting someone on your behalf mentioning your threads and attempts to resolve.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
timaron
Former Member
Message 10 of 21

Jump to solution

A colleague put in a ticket and said it was number 1163711

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community