Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hemang2019
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

Google Chrome Browser Auto Update feature required

Hi Team,

Can McAfee Web Advisors can do the task of auto-updating all the web-browsers in the computer ?. since many web-browsers don't auto-update by themselves like Google Chrome, Google Chrome canary, Internet Explorer, Opera, Fire-Fox & many more etc....

Recently Google reveals that Chrome zero day under active attack & users are advised to update to Google Chrome version 72.0.3626.121.

It's important for better protection this task is being done by this extension or by McAfee Antivirus Application itself.

McAfee Antivirus Vulnerability Scanner does Windows Update & Programme update, why web-browser update is missed out.

Kindly consider this feature in future update.

Thank you.

2 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google Chrome Browser Auto Update feature required

@Hemang2019 

Thank you for your feedback. We have a Vulnerability scan feature which checks for Program and windows updates periodically. The details for the program updates are follows. For more info, please visit our website An overview of the Vulnerability Scanner

Which applications can the Vulnerability Scanner update automatically?
Currently, the Vulnerability Scanner can update the following applications, without any interaction from you:

7-zip
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player (Non-IE)
Adobe QuickTime
Apple Safari
BitComet
Nullsoft Winamp
Mozilla Firefox
Opera browser
PowerISO
RARLab WinRAR
RealNetworks RealPlayer
uTorrent
VideoLan VLC Media Player

Which applications does the Vulnerability Scanner notify me to update?
The Vulnerability Scanner advises you to update these applications:
Adobe Shockwave Player
Adobe Shockwave Player (Non-IE)
Apple iTunes
Google Chrome
Mirabilis ICQ
SmartFTP
Sun Java Development Kit
TeamViewer
VMware Player
WinZip
Yahoo Messenger

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Hemang2019
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: Google Chrome Browser Auto Update feature required

Hi Siva,

I don't agree with your view as far as Google Chrome Browser update is concern.

Vulnerability Scanner has neither updated nor notified me to update my Google Chrome Browser since I use McAfee Total Protection from couple of years.

This is Serious Vulnerability since Browser is basic application which anyone will be using to surf the internet.

Even today i have manually run vulnerability scanner & has neither updated nor notified me to update Google Chrome Browser, my Chrome Browser version was 72.0.3626.121 before running vulnerability scannner today but when i updated my browser it got updated  to  73.0.3683.75

Also You mentioned about Skype Application is not updated but only notifies to update as its failed to update, I tried in past but never raise since i did it directly after it failed to update but claim made by you was not precise. (Kindly Run the same in Testing Environment to fix this skype application bug)

Also Firefox browser never got auto-updated by vulnerability scanner when i was using it, I don't use this browser anymore, even same issue persist for other browser like Opera, Dobble, Epic & many more.

I request you look into it & fix this issue specifically Browser Update

Make everyone life safe & secure.

Thanks for understanding

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community