cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angiev
Former Member
Message 1 of 34

Getting site retested

I am a little disheartened.... was searching the forums for help and saw these posts dated from a year and a half ago. I have been having problems getting help from anyone at Site Advisor. I've been trying for a month to get help and every time is a frustrating experience that never leads to a resolution. Based on my experiences and what I am reading, I'm beginning to think that there is no way to get help for site advisor.

My particular problem.... site shows up as red because one person left a comment saying that they received spam after signing up on the site. We do not do that. Their issue could not have been related to our site. I've been trying to figure out how to get the rating changed. Have contacted support several times. I have emails that have never been answered and the online chats are just ridiculous - wait 20 minutes and then get a person that never seems to even understand my question and for next 20 minutes we type back and forth just trying to explain and speak the same english.

I have been trying to leave owner comments and have a verification file in place. But when I click the verify button I am returned with an error message that says "Posting Web Site Owner Comments Error Verifying Site We are currently experiencing difficulties with our site verification process. Please try again later."

One time I was told by support that it would be corrected within a few hours. That never happened. It has been weeks now.

I was actually also told by support that once I was verified as owner that I could just change the site rating myself. Seems kind of unlikely to me (what would be the point of the rating if everyone could set a good one) but the person on support chat, explained that's how it works....

At this point I have two items....

1. Need error corrected so I can verify site and/or need site verified for my account
2. Would like it confirmed how to change a negative site rating into a positive site rating.

If anyone can provide assistance, that would be great. Honestly not expecting a reply. I think McAfee should just shut this down if they can't support it properly.
33 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 34

RE: Getting site retested

See the sticky at the top of this forum "Contacting the SiteAdvisor Team" or here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217274

Locked the old thread and moved this to your own, new thread.
angiev
Former Member
Message 3 of 34

Thanks for the reply, but I have tried that...

Thanks for your reply. I have tried contacting through that form and through chat. Guess I'll keep waiting to get the person who knows.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 34

RE: Thanks for the reply, but I have tried that...

We don't get many SiteAdvisor people looking in here so I'll ask the forum Administrator if perhaps he can alert one for you.
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 5 of 34

I got the same when I tried it for my own website. Please check the following thread, specifically post 18:
http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=215815
Raja
Former Member
Message 6 of 34

Please send me your website and contact information to my profile email and I will look into it.
Sites don't get rated red just because someone said they're getting SPAM.
phantazm
Contributor
Message 7 of 34

Raja: "Sites don't get rated red just because someone said they're getting SPAM."

Correct, and furthermore: reviewers don't change ratings automatically. And a single bad review shouldn't make that much of a difference in any case. I suspect that something else could be wrong; perhaps you are (unknowingly) linking to red sites..?

angiev: "I was actually also told by support that once I was verified as owner that I could just change the site rating myself."

Really? That must be a misunderstanding; in that case all sites would eventually be green - and the whole purpose of SiteAdvisor would be lost.

What is the website we're talking about..?
cheeseboy
Contributor
Message 8 of 34

I'm also looking to get a site reviewed again that is currently a "Red" status, quote as "When we visited this site, we found that it may be designed to trick you into submitting your personal or financial information to online scammers."

There is nothing on the web site that is trying to do this, it is just a basic sports league website, showing results etc.

I have placed the verfication file on the site, and the site has been verified ok. I have tried using the contact form several times on SA to see if I can appeal against the "Red" decision, or to find out how the site can be reviewed again, but I never get any response even after several weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Raja
Former Member
Message 9 of 34

Please post the website here or you can send it to me, through my profile, and I will look into it.

-R-
cheeseboy
Contributor
Message 10 of 34

Thanks for the offer of help Raja. The web site is http://www.cherwellcricketleague.co.uk
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community