cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tullolad
Former Member
Message 61 of 93

RE: Getting Site Retested II

I may even keep the momentum going long after our clean sites have been retested. Until such times that McAfee SiteAdvisor do something about improving their services and offer a fast and adequte support system, then they need to be exposed for what they are, or are not, as the case may be.

Definitely, Andy. This should not be alowed to fade into cyberspace. It is not some mere glitch but a sustained and continuing mis-use of the internet by imposing their arbitrary judgments without ever being asked or regulated to do so.

Every day I check to see if the red flag has been removed, But no, it's forever there - a huge deterrent to visitors to my site and a reflection on my business. No one should be allowed to mget away with this.

All power to you.:mad:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 62 of 93

It would be interesting to be a fly on the virtual wall of the moderator’s private forum. They’re obviously discussing this thread and those who participate in it. They’ve probably talked about deleting it, banning those who post to it, or ignoring it altogether hoping it will soon be lost in the archives of the forum. I assume the latter, but I will keep this thread fresh for as long as it takes to get this sodding issue sorted out once and for all.

I assure you that McAfee does care and we are not saying any such thing. We are as mad as you guys are about this. Questions have been asked and we have been assured that someone is looking into this.

Raja has been helping out here as well as us and I assume that soemone else will be looking at it too.

Those of you who went through head office or Customer Service got some acttion, so it's a bit steep to say that noone cares.
tullolad
Former Member
Message 63 of 93

Questions have been asked

Yes, they sure have. I've been asking for almost a year and it is only the last couple of weeks that I have got a response - not a solution, but at least a response for which I suppose I must be grateful.

In the meantime, Site Advisor's red flag continues to scare people away from my site despite being provided with an independent analysis which says there are no malicious links.

Those of you who went through head office or Customer Service got some acttion,

Hardly "action". We got a response which buckpassed the problems on to someone else.

I hope these guys never have to fight a bush fire. The whole country would be ablaze before they found where there the water supply was.:mad:
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 64 of 93

Agreed.
andii
Former Member
Message 65 of 93

grin silly 😉

But Tony is correct of course, a response is hardly a resolve is it! In fact a response doesn't even indicate a resolve in any way shape or form! From what I've seen so far, we've had to squeeze blood out of a virtual stone just to get a response here.

If my time is worth anything at all (and i assure you it is), then the time and effort I've put into chasing up McAfee since last year has made this the most expensive customer complaint i have ever had the misfortune to embark upon, and it doesn't look like it's coming to an end any time soon.

They're already tested my site and confirmed there are none of the harmful links that SiteAdvisor warns the world about, so why is it still showing RED? It's a really simple question ..... why? For crying out loud, how difficult can it be?

Andy (Still Livid!)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 66 of 93

This forum is a place provided by McAfee where you can post and hopefully get help with technical issues. It isn't guaranteed as the main Technical Support is via the link at the top left of this page.
It isn't being fair to us unpaid volunteers here to say "we've had to squeeze blood out of a virtual stone just to get a response here" considering this thread was answered by one of us within a couple of hours of the very first post.
It really makes me, for one, reluctant to help anyone, when those sort of remarks are posted as they do not help anyone at all and make me wonder if assisting people is really worth the effort.
There have been alternative links posted for you to pursue earlier in this thread, including how to contact McAfee's Head Office.
I really don't know what else a forum can do for you.
andii
Former Member
Message 67 of 93

Hi Ex_Brit.

I wasn’t actually having a pop at you guys in here :confused: In actual fact, I’m surprised that the paid staff at McAfee have not taken a few minutes out to rescue this thread. It seems pretty selfish to let their unpaid volunteers take the brunt of complaints for the very products and services that they themselves make their fortunes from.

And let’s not forget why some folks come to this forum in the first place. I for one, and I assume most of the others who have ended up in here to complain over the months/years, have done so as a last resort. I mean, McAfee have all the contact links, forms, and emails in place, but it’s evident to all that they just don’t work! But it is my guess that they get inundated with complaints and chose to ignore them rather than take them on.

As for whether it’s worth being an unpaid volunteer for this outfit, only you can answer that, but from what I can see here, they treat you guys with as much disrespect as they do with us outraged white hat webmasters.

So no, you moderators were not the virtual stone I was referring to! I was aiming my frustration at those making money from misdemeanors, and they all know who they are. I will not apologise for someone else’s incompetence, as it is I, and those in similar situations, that are being pushed from pillar to post here.

So no disrespects intended to any forum helpers, in fact my hat is off to you guys, but as this appears to be the only place to air ones MacAfee grievances, I shall continue to use this forum until such times as they stop damaging my online business.

I have a total of 34 live websites out there, and it’s my aim to get some kind of guaranteed improved support system from McAfee SiteAdvisor before this whole fiasco comes to an end. If any of my other projects should end up with the same damage reports as roomfinder, then there just has to be a fast track system in place to get the harm removed pronto. Heck, I don’t think I’ve got another protest in me, so it’s crucial to get some results here assuming McAfee are to continue warning the worlds surfers about sites they consider harmful to visitors.

I’ve had this problem now since September 2007 as you will be well aware of now, and in all this time, the most positive response I’ve had (if you can call it positive) is that my site is In a queue and that I should allow 6 weeks at least before it gets a retest, and that my friend, is what you might call an atrocious response. What does ‘at least 6 weeks’ mean anyway? 6 weeks to a year, 2 years, infinity maybe?

Yeah, I’m still livid because these people are losing me money, and they have no right to do that. My business is NOT THEIR BUSINESS, but it appears that they have decided to make anyone’s online business their concern for the good of their bottom line...

Andy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 68 of 93

Understood. I personally have asked for direct help here and elsewhere on numerous occasions as although Raja's help is great we do need more response from the actual SiteAdvisor team.
Raja
Former Member
Message 69 of 93

I can assure you that this issue is being raised to the highest levels within McAfee.
I can't go into the details but this is going to get some attention.

-R-
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 70 of 93

Thanks for your continuing help Raja. It is much appreciated. I'm curious, who are you?

(I tried emailing you unsuccessfully).
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community