Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 93

RE: Getting Site Retested II

You are all getting responses from Raja and he has just stated that he believes that there is a problem with SiteAdvisor's site itself. So please bear with him while he troubleshoots it.

If the responses you are getting from us and Raja are not considered service, then I would love to know what is.

I agree that this is taking too long but we are working on it.
tullolad
Former Member
Message 32 of 93

Go Raja!
Peacekeeper
Message 33 of 93

It looks like there is a problem with the website. I just submitted some test feedback and it's not getting into the database. I'm looking into the problem now.

That is what we on the conference call noticed that though you have said you have added notes and users have there is nothing showing on the feedback page regarding this site. Raja finding is probably the cause of the delay.

Both Peter and I will keep an eye here and hopefully Raja can find the issue why the site is not accepting/showing comments.
tullolad
Former Member
Message 34 of 93

Thanks for the update. Will try to remain patient. The website referred to - is that the SiteAdvisor site or one of the wrongly flagged red sites?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 93

TonyB, he means that the SiteAdvisor website itself isn't functioning correctly, or so we believe.
andii
Former Member
Message 36 of 93

It’s incredible that a concern as big as this haven't known their online contact forms were not working. Really, this can’t be believed! Didn’t they wonder why there hasn’t been a single customer complaint, question, suggestion, site re-retest application and all the rest of it for months and months and months? What did the ‘Team’ have to say about this?

In the mean time, I (and 1000’s of others I’m sure) have their sits flagged as RED because this tin-pot outfit don’t seem to know their arse from their elbow! This really is beginning to make by blood boil!!!!!

Please someone, give me a direct phone number or a direct contact email address for the man (or woman) at the top. You know who they are! SA has absolutely not legal right to spread damaging reports about websites they know nothing about. They’ve already proved from this conference call that their ‘service’ is broken and they have never questioned why no one ever contacts them!

And putting the broken support network to one side for a moment, why doesn’t someone re-test these sites in this thread now, today, in the next few hours? Why do we, why should we, wait for some snail to take a look at the online forms when he or she can be bothered? I need a direct contact please, and don’t anyone dare to suggest I try the online forms again in a few days, weeks, or months, down the line.

Am I wrong to be annoyed? :mad: Am i considered impatient because i've been reported to the virtual world as a potentially dangerous site who links to Trojans since September 2007.

Andy
tullolad
Former Member
Message 37 of 93

Well said Andi. No, you are not wrong to be annoyed. I'm bloody furious - and more so because these people are so uncontactable, anonymous and unresponsive.
Ex-Brit: "He means that the SiteAdvisor website itself isn't functioning correctly, or so we believe." Wow! There are many of us who could have told him that - and have been telling him that. Yet nothing is done. Don't these people realise the harm they do and the deterrent effect they wreak on perfectly legitimate sites.:(:eek:
andii
Former Member
Message 38 of 93

And because no one has been getting through to SA since the year dot, that must mean they DO NOT HAVE A BACKLOG OF SITES TO RETEST right? How could they possibly, they’re not contactable! So c’mon guys, let’s have this sorted today. Your support department must be bored out of their socks having no one to support!

Still confused as to why I get the following automated emails when I fill out the online forms. I mean, something is working right?

Dear valued user,

Thank you for your submission. Your involvement in our product is highly valued and helps us to better serve you.

Andy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 39 of 93

This thread has only be going since 22 March so it's hardly been an issue for very long.

Head Office is available via the About McAfee link at the bottom of the forum or here: http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact/index.html or you can call Customer Service linked at the top of the forum.

Don't shoot us please, we are only the messengers.
Peacekeeper
Message 40 of 93

and I have added a stir to our private thread re this for 1 of the techs to stir the pot soundly.

We will keep the issue hot for you 2
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community