Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 39

RE: Firefox Safe Search Icons Not Appearing

Pity they chose not to tell us here, sorry about that.
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 32 of 39

I've worked within McAfee, and I can tell you that statement is definitely not true.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 33 of 39

Well you did get a response at least both in your other thread and Raja above is from McAfee.
Kerry1960
Former Member
Message 34 of 39

Perception is everything

BastiaanR,

The fact that ALL information about this problem has come NOT from McAfee, but from users like me tells you a lot about McAfee.

Perception is everything and McAfee isn't doing anything HERE to create a good perception of how they handle problems. For now, I will have to agree with Rico12345's last comments.

McAfee has a LONG way to go in public relations and quality of service, not to mention reliability. I have a friend running the full antivirus/firewall suite and I have to help him through situations regularly and routinely as McAfee does not help him at all.

And, no, I won't post details. I am not paid to tweak McAfee products or service.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 39

RE: Perception is everything

I am not paid to tweak McAfee products or service.

Neither are we, but we are helping, or maybe you don't regard responses here as help?
Kerry1960
Former Member
Message 36 of 39

Responses with no helpful information

I don't regard responses that say essentially "We acknowledge there is a problem..." and don't ever give any answers or even suggestions to solve the problem(s) as being helpful.

Simply BS. Acknowledging a problem and fixing it are light years apart.
Rico12345
Contributor
Message 37 of 39

RE: Responses with no helpful information

Hi Kerry,

100% agreement!

Problem is most here, are blindly loyal & will defend McAfee regardless of there behavior. They have blinders on.

Take Care
Rico
Kerry1960
Former Member
Message 38 of 39

Rico12345,

I have to admit, I have yet to see anything from McAfee in this thread that actually helped anyone. As for the zealots, Ex_Brit must be getting something for his blind faith apologies. Otherwise, well, I won't say what I think about "yes" men.

Having said that, I am not sure that my initial assessment of the problem was completely correct, but never-the-less, McAfee was and IS not forthcoming with any answers. I am still curious about the "new" security certificate as it was "unsigned".

The more/less McAfee does, the less confidence I have in them. What a shame though...

When I ran a BBS in the early '90's, McAfee was the best for virus protection. I can't say that for them now. What a shame.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 39 of 39

The problem was already solved while you lot were bellyaching about McAfee (remarks which could equally apply to just about any major Corporation these days) and as this is quickly turning into a sounding box for peoples' frustrations I'm closing it.

See Posts # 28 and 30.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community