Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 39

RE: Firefox Safe Search Icons Not Appearing

There you go, they do know about it now. Raja is from McAfee.
Rico12345
Contributor
Message 22 of 39

Baloney,

Day's ago I chatted with Nishia, from McAfee support who informed me that the engineers were working on the problem. Yet word does not filter down to the community, & people are still trying to troubleshoot. If it's such a simple matter address change, why is taking longer than a week for McAfee to issue a fix. You people who blame Google, would have a difficult time figuring out which end the horse goes on the wagon. McAfee is boasting they have an enhancement to Googles search engine, but fail to deliver. So far McAfee has been rude, uncaring, about it's customers. This is a clear sign stay away from McAfee's paid products.

Rico
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 39

I am not McAfee, just an unpaid volunteer. If you feel so strongly about call Technical Support Chat line and ask for a Supervisor or write to their HQ.

McAfee Corporate Headquarters:
3965 Freedom Circle
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Or, be patient and wait for what Raja finds out.
Kerry1960
Former Member
Message 24 of 39

Blame Google? GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ex_Brit,

How can you blame Google for a failure of a Mcafee product? What hubris and pure BS!

The fix is simple. However, McAfee has decided to leave us hanging while they try to work out their "new", better? product. BS!

It took this long for "Raja" to even acknowledge the problem? Give me a break! Never will I be a paying customer of Mcafee for this one thing. They haven't got a clue!

Oh, and by the way, I won't jump through any hoops for McAfee. If they refuse to even take the time to read and acknowledge their own support forum, then I have no confidence in them. I tried to get through the jumble of support links they have and you list and ended up back here writing this.
joelw135
Contributor
Message 25 of 39

Thanks.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 39

They do read....and they have already acknowledged this thread. Raja will report back.
Raja
Former Member
Message 27 of 39

Guys,

The first I heard about this was reading this forum. I tested it and there appears to be an issue.
I've made inquires and I'm waiting for a response.

-R-
Kerry1960
Former Member
Message 28 of 39

Problem may be OpenDNS

I did a little more research and found at least one person who said it was not Google or Siteadvisor that was the problem.

Apparently, if you use the OpenDNS DNS servers, they were routing search results from l.google.com. I "was" one of those folks. I changed DNS servers and the problem went away, but I can't say for sure that this was the entire problem.

In any case, if you are using the DNS servers for OpenDNS, then that might be the problem and it is entirely possible that OpenDNS has stopped routing search results via l.google.com.

Good luck!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 39

RE: Problem may be OpenDNS

Interesting, thanks for posting that.
Rico12345
Contributor
Message 30 of 39

Hi Guys,

SA is working again, google search part, great! First the check marks appeared for google, next something about 'view certificate' then the certificate thing went away, great! I'm also using OpenDNS.

What really blows is McAfee response & lack of concern when notified about the problem. I informed Nishia (McAfee support) of the issue & the threads here, he advised the engineers were working on the problem. Nothing done regarding the forum & support. Too bad McAfee has grown & become & un-caring large corporation. They won't see dime one from me.

Take Care
Rico
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community