cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelw135
Contributor
Message 11 of 39

RE: Firefox Safe Search Icons Not Appearing

I am also having the same problem and I wish someone had told tech support as i have spent hours on line and with support and at the end they have told me to reinstall. Which I have done four or five times. I hope you have this fixed soon.
Rico12345
Contributor
Message 12 of 39

Hi Guys,

McAfee seems to be taking there own sweet time, notifying users, as well as fixing the problem. If they can't make there free product work with the dominant search engine, this is a vote of no confidence, for the rest of there product line. Why hasn't someone on McAfee's payroll commented? As soon as 'Trend Protect works with Firefox goodbye SA.

Rico
joelw135
Contributor
Message 13 of 39

I wouldn't be so hard on them as this problem of Google has affected other Firefox extensions also. I am sure they will have a fix soon, or at least before Firefox 3 is out of Beta.
Rico12345
Contributor
Message 14 of 39

Hi Joel,

It seems they have a poor attitude towards customers, they could make some official comment. Many users, myself included, have gone through many troubleshooting steps to resolve, while McAfee new all along there products are incompatible. Take a look at the current version of Trend Protect, there sight clearly informs, the product is not ready for FF.

Take Care
Rico
joelw135
Contributor
Message 15 of 39

The only problem is what Google created when they changed there site to another address as the above posts confirm. But with the change McAfee should have been more diligent in their fixing the problem.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 39

Not everyone gets the same results as you guys. My SiteAdvisor works properly in both IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.12 with Google Search and everything else.
joelw135
Contributor
Message 17 of 39

I guess in Canada Google search is not using the new "I" in front of the search. Below was a search for Pentax and this is the resulting URL.
http://www.l.google.com/search?q=Pentax&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-37,GGGL:en
Notice the www.I.google.com
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 39

That's the first time I even heard about that. You are right, no SA on that one. I would tend to blame Google rather than moan about SiteAdvisor in that case.
joelw135
Contributor
Message 19 of 39

I agree, but it seems that McAfee tech support doesn't know about this problem and has been giving people the run around trying to fix it. I spent over an hour on the Internet and on chat with support and I got no where as they had no idea of the problem. Scary isn't it?
Raja
Former Member
Message 20 of 39

I'm looking into this now. When I know something, I'll post an update.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community