cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graphixgod
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Firefox 3 problems with SA

I recently installed Firefox 3 today, and now the green ticks (aka annotations) are showing up as white boxes on google. Now no annotations are showing up on both Yahoo and live searches (If they were supposed to). Only happens with FF3. Had no problems with FF2.

SA version 26.6 Build 6269, Installed With McAfee Total Protection.

Problem No.2: Siteadvisor will not disable, even with the correct password. Happens with both IE and FF.
8 Replies
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

RE: Firefox 3 problems with SA

The only way you can 'Disable protected mode' in SiteAdvisor is by entering the correct password in the Disable Protected Mode password dialog. If you're unable to disable protected mode, then one option would be to uninstall, reboot and then re-install SiteAdvisor.

Please let us know if you continue to have any of the above issues. Thank you for being a McAfee customer.

Sincerely,
Praveen
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team
graphixgod
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

In regards to the first "fix", I have 2 folders in my Siteadvisor program folder: 6253 and 6261. I do not know which it goes in. From what I understand, 6253 is supposed to be gone after an update and reboot, which it does not.
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

The reason two folders namely, '6253' and '6261' are present is due to the fact that an automatic upgrade had taken place. Please restart your system. The '6253' folder should be deleted on reboot. After reboot, check if annotations are being displayed in Firefox Google search results page correctly. If not, then paste the file you've downloaded in the location given below:-

C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6261\FF\

or you could open Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers and wait for a few minutes and the update would take place automatically after the reboot.

We hope this solves the issue.

Praveen
graphixgod
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

The 6253 folder does not delete on reboot. I have rebooted 3 times.
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

This definitely is an issue. We would need the following files on your system for probing this issue further as we're unable to reproduce it in our test environment. The locations of the files are given below:-

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SiteAdvisor\service.log
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\Install.log
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MCLOGS (- You could zip this folder as we would need all the files under it)

Please send the above files to the e-mail address given below:-
siteadvisor_consumer@yahoo.com

Could you also mention the OS and service pack installed on which this issue was reproduced.

To resolve this issue immediately, We suggest the follwoing:-
But before that could you check if annotations are being displayed correctly in Firefox Google search results page?

Uninstall only SiteAdvisor from Add/Remove Programs (it would be listed under McAfee SecurityCenter) and restart your system. Check if 'SiteAdvisor' folder is removed from "C:\Program Files". If not, manually delete it. Now, goto siteadvisor.com/download/ie2.html, download SiteAdvisor and install it. Now, unzip the file you downloaded and rename it as 'chrome.manifest'. Paste the file in the location: C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6261\FF\. Close all open FireFox browsers and launch FireFox again.

Thank you for bringing the issue of the folder not being deleted to our attention.

Praveen
graphixgod
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

If I uninstall Siteadvisor PLUS and reinstall it from there, I expect to have Plus again since I paid for it in the first place.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

You'll only be able to get the Plus version from your online account. Go there and opt to download whatever McAfee suite that you have and then select only the Siteadvisor portion for download using the Customise option.
PraveenRajaretn
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

SA Plus licence and subscription files will be retained

You'll have SiteAdvisor Plus since you've a valid subscription. Uninstalling SiteAdvisor alone will not delete the subscription files and hence you'll still have SiteAdvisor Plus. And as Ex_Brit suggests you can always get the Plus version from your online account at any point in time during your subscription period.

Praveen

P.S. After downloading from siteadvisor.com and installing it, a separate entry would be created for SiteAdvisor in Add/Remove Programs. It'll no longer be under McAfee SecurityCenter.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community