We received your message reporting that SiteAdvisor toolbar color was constantly changing between green and gray on Firefox 3 on windows XP on visiting a specific phishing site. Thank you for contacting us.
We assume that you are referring to SiteAdvisor's FireFox Plugin Version: 26.6 Build: 6269 (Internet Explorer Version: v.220.127.116.1161) To find this, please follow the steps given below:-
(i) Open FireFox and click on the black arrow mark in the SiteAdvisor toolbar
(ii) A drop-down menu would appear. On this menu, click on the "About" option
(iii) In the 'About' dialog box, just above the 'OK' button, 'Version' and 'Build' information would be displayed.
We would need some more information before we could help you out. Please answer the following questions:-
1. Could you mention the phishing site which causes this problem (entire link/URL would be needed). Is this issue occuring with any other sites (red/yellow/green/gray/exploit)?
2. Open Windows Task Manager. This can be done by pressing 'Ctrl+Shift+Esc' keys or right-click on the Taskbar and click 'Task Manager' option. Goto the 'Processes' tab. Now, open Firefox and navigate to the phishing site that causes the issue. When FireFox slows down, check if 'SiteAdv.exe' or 'SAService.exe' process CPU Usage is very high (greater than 80%) for a considerable period of time. 'firefox.exe' CPU usage could be high as well.
3. Could you mention the service pack of windows XP that you are using. This would help us reproduce the issue in our test enviroment for further investigation.
4. We would need the following files on your system . Their locations are given below:-
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SiteAdvisor\service.log
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MCLOGS (- You could zip this folder as we would need all the files under it)
Please send the above files to the e-mail address given below:-
5. Are all the other features of SiteAdvisor such as search results ratings working as expected?
You could try un-installing, rebooting and re-installing SiteAdvisor. That could solve the problem.
Once you give us the information we requested, we'll get back with a solution if possible. Thank you for being a McAfee customer.
McAfee SiteAdvisor Team