A word of caution about the Firefox "Classic Theme Restorer" add-on. This is what the developer says :
1) Do not install this add-on on pre-Australis Firefox (4-28). It is not intended to be used with older versions and will certainly break some parts of the UI or not work correctly at all.
2) This add-on was made for browsers default theme and will certainly break parts of the UI especially tabs, if used along with Firefox themes or Personas, but additional buttons and their options could work fine (untested!).
There's always a word of caution with anything like this but at least it's working fine with my Lavafox v2 theme, and actually provides more flexibility than I had in FF28.
The ability to hide permanently the lower add-on toolbar for instance, now that I moved SiteAdvisor to the top toolbar.
That gives me more screen space which helps with Moderation duties etc.
So fingers crossed others will find the same with their appearance settings.
Like all add-ons it's a work in progress but the developer appears to know what he's doing.
Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/04/14 5:50:22 EDT AM
I've confirmed that SiteAdvisor 3.7 is beginning rollout today to non-suite US customers and other customers will get SA 3.7 beginning in the week. While the update does occur automatically and silently, a reboot is required before the update is complete.
|Due to the large number of SiteAdvisor users, product updates must be sent out in stages for bandwidth purposes. Beginning on release day, a percentage of users will automatically be updated to the new version. Each day, another group is updated, until the update gets to everyone and is complete. It is important to understand that, depending on these stages, you might not get an update the day it becomes available.|
We'll post SA 3.7 to siteadvisor.com in the near future (I don't have the date yet).
I've created an FAQ that should go live today. Once it is live, you'll be able to view it through http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS102050
Again, you are completely protected until you receive the update - search annoations do work. It's only the toolbar that allows you to change the configuration that is missing.
Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/05/14 7:52:22 EDT AM
Good morning everyone,
For what it's worth, I'll just mention a few things regarding my own experience with this SA issue.
1. When FF updated to the current v29, the SA icon and search box disappeared altogether from the bottom part of my screen (where it has always been in FF), and is nowhere to be found either at the bottom or the top.
2. The FF "theme" or background image I use is an "autumn forest" picture.
3. Given the "cautionary" post Hayton provided, I'll avoid using the temporary fix & just wait to see if/when the new SA plug-in is updated...it brings the SA icon back.
4. Current SA Plug-in (free version, not the SA Live) for FF is still at v3.6.6. A manual update does not yet upgrade it.
The link you posted apparently has not gone live yet. Every time I click on it, there is a delay, then a McAfee page is displayed with nothing but the phrase, "Error has occurred" shown on it at the top left corner area.
Best regards,Message was edited by: spc3rd on 5/7/14 7:01:31 AM EDT
I corrected Doug's broken link. When the next version of SA is released it will be a small icon and no longer have its own toolbar, it will go straight to the top toolbar.
It is currently being released but such releases are always staggered so that servers don't overload, so people will get it at different times.
Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/05/14 8:55:57 EDT AM
Thanks very much for the corrected link! It's working fine now. Also, much obliged for the additional info about the rollout of the new SA plug-in for FF as well!
Have a good one!
Thanks for the notification. I just checked and the FAQ seems to be live now (it may not have been when you posted). I see Ex_Brit has corrected my typo - thanks Peter. So you don't have to back-track, the link is: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS102050
As for the rollout of SA 3.7, it's being released in stages which is why you haven't received it yet.
For now, it's only going to upgrade (vs. fresh install) for US only, non-partner customers, non-suite (the standalone version from SiteAdvisor.com). Beginning later this week, other countries will begin getting it, and it will also be for suite-based installations. After that, we'll update the download version on SiteAdvisor.com and begin releasing to partner customers.
*** Please remember that
1) this schedule is subject to change
2) these dates are when the rollout *begins* - it may take several days for your system to pick up the update.
3) SiteAdvisor updates are silent (so you won't notice when it happens) but a reboot is required before the change gets implemented.
Thanks for the information. I have McAfee Security Center (it was included with my AT&T Internet service. Is this considered a suite or non-suite? Not sure when I can expect to see SA 3.7 on my Firefox browser. Would greatly appreciate it if you would clarify.
Site Advisor 3.7.0 has started to roll out as an update to users where you will be able to find the updated version upon Restart. The updates does not roll out to all the customers simultaneously instead it will be released little by little taking time covering entire customers (over a considerable period of time). As of now we have confirmation that the roll out have been started and you need to wait for your turn. Keep an eye on McAfee's version for SiteAdvisor upon every restart of the machine.on 8/5/14 4:10:42 AM IST
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: