cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrelle
Contributor
Message 21 of 49

Re: Firefox 29 and SiteAdvisor

Thank you, Selvan.  Appreciate your prompt reply.

joaont
Former Member
Message 22 of 49

Hi

There is a work around that allows siteadvisor 3.6 work perfectly in firefox 29. Just install the extension status-4-ever and update it. The firefox 29 keeps the same layout and the status bar is restored, where siteadvisor appears as before in the low right corner a long with safe search.

Hope this helps, please accept my kind regards

joaont

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 49

joaont wrote:

Hi

There is a work around that allows siteadvisor 3.6 work perfectly in firefox 29. Just install the extension status-4-ever and update it. The firefox 29 keeps the same layout and the status bar is restored, where siteadvisor appears as before in the low right corner a long with safe search.

Hope this helps, please accept my kind regards

joaont

Thanks. Actually there are a number of add-ons that replace the add-on bar at the bottom and they've already been posted,  There is also a workaround that I did in the announcement at the top of this section here:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/web_email/siteadvisor

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 24 of 49

patrelle,

Yes, the McAfee SecurityCenter means you have the suite-based version, and AT&T is one of our partners.  This means you wont get it until it's available to Partners.  I don't have any final schedule but my guess is that you'll probably see it either late May or early June (depending on the factors I listed above).

HTH

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 25 of 49

joaont,

Thank you for the input which may help many customers until they do receive SA 3.7.

As Peter has said, there are several of these add-on utilities available, so research them and take your pick.

As a caution, McAfee can't officially recommend any of these "3rd Party" extensions. So installing one of them, as with any program or app, is "at your own risk".  I'm definitely not saying that they are poor or untrustworthy, we simply don't know how they work.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 26 of 49

Hi All,

For the record, in FireFox 29.0, the latest version of Firefox, the Add-on Bar for FireFox, is available as Restored, but isn't needed for SiteAdvisor.. So SiteAdvisor is installed  at the top of the page on the right side.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 49

Yes, the new version of SiteAdvisor is different.  Most of us haven't yet got that, you were lucky 😉

oagard
Former Member
Message 28 of 49

Hello,

The "McAfee SiteAdvisor Live" was updated today on May 10, 2014 version "3.6.6.121" to version "3.7.0.179".

greetings,

Rui Porto  -  Portugal

1.JPG

2.JPG

oagard
Former Member
Message 29 of 49

Hello,

This is starting to get sick.

Now with this new version of "McAfee Site Advisor Live 3.7.0.179" in "Firefox 29.0.1" leaves no place where a person wants to be the "McAfee SiteAdvisor Live" button, it does not have any logic.

At first, I could change the button and post it on the bottom toolbar in Firefox, but now when Firefox closes and reopens, the "McAfee SiteAdvisor Live" button again to go over the bar along the my "Links / Favorites (Hiperligacoes)" and the address bar.

I do not want the button there.

I want to be able to put it back on the bar below in Firefox.

Another bummer ...

I hope McAfee Correct this new problem.

greetings,

Rui Porto

1.JPG

0.JPG

miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 30 of 49

I do also like to move it, especially the left side of the menu button

Forospyware Warrior
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community