cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etaoin_shrdlu
Former Member
Message 11 of 13

Re: FireFox 5 and Site Advisor update

Sorry to hear that.  I wasn't suggesting it would work for everyone, just that people should try it before going the uninstall/reinstall route.

By the way, I'm still running Firefox 3.6.19 - that may have something to do with why it worked for me but not for you.

Why haven't I upgraded to 5?  After the Version 4 fiasco I'm being a little more cautious about that!

netmouse
Former Member
Message 12 of 13

Etaoin, I actually upgraded to 6, so that may contribute to my problem.  It is odd though that the uninstall / reinstall worked for me at first, then no longer.   I'm actually using the Chrome browser that has an extension for site advisor.   Then, Chrome has its own bugs and no response with Google any longer - they used to have a feedback reporting menu choice for problems that took screen shots as well, then they removed that leaving users frustrated.  

What happened with Firefox version 4 that makes you cautious? 

frogbert
Former Member
Message 13 of 13

I had this problem with Firefox 3.623. Found a discussion here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/873776

Followed suggestion that I Disable then re-enable Siteadvisor add-on [Go to tools, add-ons, find stieadvisor, hit disable] restart firefox; repeat process but enable siteadvisor and then restart. Seems to have solved the problem.

Good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community