Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConorD62
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Feedback for an suggestion.

Hi,

Basically, I've got a suggestion for SiteAdvisor and I would like some opinions on it.

Before a site is marked as yellow, red or green, an email should be sent to the website host,

"Your website has been marked as 'yellow/red/green'"

And possibly in the email would be, "Please click this link to activate your websites rating" or "If you believe that your website's rating has been falsely rated, please click this link."

And they would have 24 or 48 hours to reply, or the rating would be applied, anyway.

It's only an idea, so please feel welcome to criticize.

P.s, it would save A LOT of complaints about websites being rated falsely..

Thanks.

2 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Feedback for an suggestion.

I think its a pretty good Idea.Although I am not sure of the inner workings of site advisor.There are so many sites that I don't know if that is feasible.Also the sites that are really up to no good would have a chance to tidy up before a recheck.They dont seem to have the resources available.At least I would imagine they are very busy with the security center alone.It is hard enough to find the facts for basic Questions at times.Just my opinion

jcollake
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Feedback for an suggestion.

I have given Site Advisor a list of excellent recommendations more than once after their REPEATED 'accidents' without explanation. They have never cared.

In fact, I recommended that VERY thing... that they make some attempt to notify the site owner when the rating changes. I mean, it is easy to do.. the DNS contact info is right there.

on 2/25/11 5:42:34 PM GMT-05:00
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community