cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
typeahousewife
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

False Positive for "spammy emails"

I'm really upset right now--I have a food blog and one of my readers notified me that she had stopped visiting because SiteAdvisor was giving her a warning when she tried to view my blog. When I looked it up myself, I found this:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/thetypeahousewife.com

I really have no idea how it was decided that I send out spammy emails; the only email form I have on my blog is for my Feedburner RSS feed which is NOT SPAMMY. I don't sell anything on my blog--I don't even have AdSense ads in my emails! I send out about 5 emails a week, simply because they go out when I post something. There are millions of other blogs that do the same thing--are they all listed as spammy too? Again, I have a food blog. What could I possibly get out of spamming my readers?!

The most frustrating part about this is that I see you will only change this rating after 60 days. I'm sorry, but that's just not right--you gave me a false positive and now I have to wait two months for you to correct it? And potentially lose readers and traffic in the meantime?

2 Replies
StinaWikstrom
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: False Positive for "spammy emails"

Hello typeahousewife,

Thank you for contacting us regarding thetypeahousewife.com.

The rating of this domain has been reviewed and adjusted to green in Site Advisor.

Best Regards,

Stina Wikstrom

typeahousewife
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: False Positive for "spammy emails"

Thank you for your help!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community