cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 71 of 113

Re: Explain this - domain rated RED, despite ALL GREEN downloads, ALL GREEN reviews, ALL GREEN links

Jump to solution

I see http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/processlasso.com is now rated Green as is http://www.processlasso.com/ the direct link. but you are right prolasso.com is red.   Now I am confused as to which is your site and I am sure the people investigating this will be too.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/02/11 7:14:54 EST AM
jcollake
Former Member
Message 72 of 113

Re: Explain this - domain rated RED, despite ALL GREEN downloads, ALL GREEN reviews, ALL GREEN links

Jump to solution

It is all the same place .

ProcessLasso.COM - GREEN, aftering being fixed by their unexplained error last time

ProLasso.COM - RED - is where I was sending end customers to avoid the false RED rating on PROCESSLASSO.COM. Little did I know it was RED itself.

BITSUM.COM - WAS GREEN, but now ??? - is the primary domain name. I did have a BUNCH of positive user comments, but they got deleted in some incident that SA publicly admitted to.

All these go to the SAME SERVER. I also have PECOMPACT.COM, another product of mine. Also, the SAME DNS REGISTRATION INFO, so anybody can easily see they have the same owner and are the same server.

As for my conspiracy theories, well it is not like ANY OTHER CASE I've ever seen, and NO EXPLANATION WAS EVER PROVIDED. Therefore, I could ONLY speculate. I'd hear from employees, then they'd go silent. Maybe I was right. Maybe this happened long ago and is why sales were strangely weak ever since PROCESSLASSO.COM went RED. In my attempts to get around your admittedly flawed software, I had to use PROLASSO.COM. Little did I know it was rated RED then, or some time later.

So, if you want to 'take me completely down' there are the list of links. I've already got your scan results archived, showing NO THREATS ANYWHERE.

I had to create all new builds of my software to switch domain names, a risky endeavor really. I did so and have seen sales steadily increase since the use of PROLASSO.COM as a domain name has stopped. So, this DIRECTLY shows the power and influence of SiteAdvisor.

Of course, they are still affecting sales, as there are MANY customers still with copies that point to PROLASSO.COM.

Anyway, it is not uncommon to have more than one domain name. In fact, I have to to protect my IP. Else somebody else will open up ProcessLasso.com, for instance. At each domain, my scripts try to auto-direct the customer to what they are looking for. For example, if they visit PROLASSO.COM then they will get Process Lasso. This type of user is certainly not a programmer interested in my developer utility PECompact, so I hide it as to not confuse them.

I do have a backup web server, but it is currently not used. I also have a forum hosted on its own server at BITSUM.NET. This is isolated to help with security, as forums are often the cause of a breach.

Message was edited by: jcollake on 3/1/11 7:19:13 PM GMT-05:00
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 73 of 113

Jump to solution

Noone is wanting to take you down, it's a robot - it treats everything equally, one would hope.   Do you want the support case to continue for the red-rated one?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/02/11 7:32:58 EST AM
jcollake
Former Member
Message 74 of 113

Jump to solution

Absolutely IT MUST BE CONTINUED - PROLASSO.COM MUST BE GREEN!!!! Also, BITSUM.COM needs be GREEN, though I understand its queued. If it turns up RED the damages are, well, will be easy to compute as I'll be shut completely down.

There are still hundreds of thousands of copies of my software out there pointing to PROLASSO.COM!!! The bump in sales after switching this is only the tip of the iceberg!

I am NOT exaggerating in any way.

P.S. I set up JeremyCollake.COM there too, but it goes to a bio I am creating. This is to let people know. Also, I've linked to EVERY ONE of your competitors I could find, ALL SHOWING MY STERLING REPUTATION THAT HAS NEVER BEEN QUESTIONED BEFORE, EXCEPT BY SITEADVISOR -- Now three times.

The COMPUTER did scan me, and found me GREEN. Its results are clearly displayed. Only a HUMAN could come in and contradict this rating.

Message was edited by: jcollake on 2/27/11 7:43:44 AM GMT-05:00
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 75 of 113

Jump to solution

OK, thanks. 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 76 of 113

Explain this - domain rated RED, despite ALL GREEN downloads, ALL GREEN reviews, ALL GREEN links

Jump to solution

Problem solved on this thread:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/177785#177785

jcollake
Former Member
Message 77 of 113

Jump to solution

Yes, confusingly, we switched threads. This was my mistake I suppose, for initially posting in the wrong thread.

The problem was fixed, for now.. but for how long? Will we be here next month? SiteAdvisor has demonstrated a reluctance to adopt obvious and repeated suggestions on ways to improve the quality and accuracy of their ratings or mitigate potential damage to inncocent victims.

Here is the old pic, for those who want it. This is how their rating system previously scored an ALL GREEN site as RED, somehow, mysteriously. Yes, I have the bottom of the page too, but this makes the point. Remember, they did this to me TWICE (unexplained rating), and ONE MORE years ago with a false positive (the false positive verified within days, the rating took months to fix). So, THREE times I've been 'hit' by the SiteAdvisor crap machine.

Their McAfee Secure salespeople are VERY high pressure sales, which you'll experience if you ever get an unsolicited call from them like I did prior to all this occurring. Had I purchased McAfee Secure certification I would wager that these problems would have either not occurred or, if they did occur, would have been fixed much more rapidly. Since I have to pay my taxes, I couldn't afford their certification. Excuse me ;o. I have no idea if there is any relation to the rating and me turning down certification, but the timing was oddly coincidental.

mcafee_siteadvisor_3.png

Message was edited by: jcollake on 2/28/11 5:00:59 PM GMT-05:00
jcollake
Former Member
Message 78 of 113

Explain this - domain rated RED, despite ALL GREEN downloads, ALL GREEN reviews, ALL GREEN links

Jump to solution

I have hidden my most public criticisms of SiteAdvisor, HOPING the enact some changes and hoping their McAfee Secure team tones down the aggressiveness and lowers the price considerably. So, just in csae this has anything to do with the new attack on ProcessLasso.com at MyWOT (first ever there) by anonymous bots making no comment, just rating the site down. I say bots instead of people because, if there was a general complaint of any kind, trust me I'd hear it (and someone would have stated it). There is none, only anonymous negative ratings.

Maybe the entire system just won't work. The malware guys have too much power. The law of human greed ensures us that this anonymous internet we've built will continuously be exploited ;o.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 79 of 113

Jump to solution

A prominent reviewer was suspended today by McAfee.  I can't say more.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 80 of 113

Jump to solution

Interesting. That's a good thing. That means change.

I am so tired of fighting that I've given up on this new case at MyWOT. I mean, almost nobody (one person rated it good, years ago) had even rated that domain, then all the sudden last night, they keep anonymously rating it to counter positive ratings. I don't know, I have criticized one other company recently, but didn't do it publicly. Still, I feel so paranoid thinking someone has it out for me... but, wtf?! Now MyWOT, strangely at this domain where they can 'hit me' hardest? It is odd.

Honestly, I went ahead and bought MyWOT certification for bitsum.com, (90+ in every category going back years). It was affordable enough for my small business (McAfee Secure costs MUCH more). I am too tired of fighting. I will 'pay up' with them, lol. I'm hoping they look into it and find obvious rating manipulation and correct it. Otherwise, I'll just hope my user base is bigger than their potential zombie machine base. At this point I've even considered the possibility of my business not continuing due to attacks like these. The dramatic rise in revenue once the SiteAdvisor rating was fixed showed just how much of an effect these ratings have.

Message was edited by: jcollake on 3/2/11 1:41:30 PM GMT-05:00
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community