cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banderman
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Error Verifying Site Could not verify the Web site file

Not bragging, but I am an IT dude by vocation.  I have been recommending SiteAdvisor to my customers for many years now. 

I am also a web designer and generated the file for the <root> of my own website, which happens to be httpdocs, and gave it all

the appproprate permissions, 777, all read/write/execute, you name it.  I want a safe rating and the verification process seems to

burp every time. I have tried sending an email to siteadvisor support, but unfortunately never heard back from them. 

I have uploaded the file to my <root web folder> as an .html & .htm, with no love.  The verification system continues to burp and declare:

Error Verifying Site

Could not verify the Web site file

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Error Verifying Site Could not verify the Web site file

Are you talking about the website in your profile?   It shows green and already approved as per:  SiteAdvisor

If you are having other problems then you can contact them as per THIS document.

That all said, someone may come along with some ideas soon.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/07/13 4:18:45 EDT PM
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Error Verifying Site Could not verify the Web site file

It sounds as if you've gone through the whole process as set out in the Site Verification instructions.

(This is an image of the instructions page taken from one of the section documents)

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/102-4932-12-46987/Web+Site+Owner+Verifica...

If you've done all that and SiteAdvisor still can't verify the file then you have to wait for someone from SiteAdvisor to reply to your email.

If you've been waiting some time then perhaps they're a bit stretched - it's holiday time, and maybe they need (but haven't got) temporary staff to provide cover. Just a guess.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community