Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dedispec
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Email Reputation of my IP

Hello,

We have a customer who has been dealing with a lot of email bounce backs lately. I looked up their IP and it looks like they have a "high risk" rating for email. Any suggestions how I can get that resolved? They don't send a lot of emails, and when they do it's limited to just their clientele within the state of Minnesota (USA). They should have proper rDNS/PTR records in place already as well. They also aren't listed on any RBLs (I don't believe they ever have been either since we've hosted them).

I submitted a ticket on TrustedSource as well.

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/ip/default.aspx?ip=198.204.225.11

Thank you

9 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Email Reputation of my IP

​,

To help get the site reevaluated, You need to create a Ticket with 'Trusted Source' By far the quickest method. Generally with-in 2-3 business days you will get a response.

If that is not the case, kindly post back and inform us, and we can contact someone internally to (Escalate) your issue.

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

In addition I might add, this seems to fall under Corporate (Site Advisor Enterprise).

​  Could you kindly add to the discussion?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dedispec
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Thanks

To confirm, I did submit a ticket today to Trusted Source and the products that were set were:

McAfee SiteAdvisor/WebAdvisor Enterprise

McAfee SaaS Web Protection

McAfee Web Gateway v7.x/6.9.x (Cloud)

So if I already submitted a ticket with Trusted Source then I've done the best steps and now I just need to wait, correct?

Thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

​,

In my honest opinion, that is correct   For you have followed the proper protocol.

Good Luck,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Cliff's advice is good, I've checked the IP address using a number of testing sites and none of them report any problem. Clean on IPVoid, clean on Cisco SenderBase, clean on Sucuri, nothing on TcpIpUtils. Not listed in any of the blacklists as far as I can see.

Obviously though McAfee detected a reason to switch that email rating to Red, and it may have been following others in doing so. It may be that there was an anomalous spike in email volume some time in the recent past. Whatever the reason, there doesn't seem to be any problem with the server now. I hope you get this speedily rectified.

vinoo
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

If you don't hear back from the ticket submission to TrustedSource, ping me and i'll help escalate it internally.

Update: The TrustedSouce website shows minimal risk for that IP. That's the rating the products use.

The McAfee Threat Center page could take longer to refresh due to sync issues.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Thank s Vinoo

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dedispec
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Hi ​ -

They closed the ticket and looked to have updated it about two days ago but the email risk is still at the highest: 198.204.225.11 - IP - McAfee Labs Threat Center

vinoo
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

The TrustedSouce website shows minimal risk for that IP. That's the rating the products use.

The McAfee Threat Center page could take longer (days) to refresh due to sync issues.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community