cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

Disappearance of WebAdvisor Icon and Search Result Annotations

I have Windows 10, am a LiveSafe subscriber, and use Firefox as my browser.

Last Friday Firefox updated its browser and the WebAdvisor icon disappeared from my page and the colored search result annotations that I always relied on have disappeared as well. I notice that WebAdvisor is no longer listed under my Window's Programs and Features (yes I tried to download it but it doesn't show up under P&F).

My question is this: I assume WebAdvisor is part of the LiveSafe package because in my McAfee LiveSafe software, under security, WA is listed as being on. I would prefer to have the colored result annotations but I could live without them if you can assure me that when I search on Google and I try to open a suspicious website that McAfee's LiveSafe will give me the usual warning about that site (WHOA do you want to go there?!).

I went through McAfee's consumer help technicians but they weren't any help.

CAN I GET A DEFINITIVE ANSWER ABOUT THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE WEBADVISOR ICON (NOT IN FIREFOX ADD-ONS) AND THE SEARCH RESULT ANNOTATIONS AND WHETHER i AM SAFE WITHOUT THEM?

THANKS.

6 Replies
karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Disappearance of WebAdvisor Icon and Search Result Annotations

Hi @jwnova142,

Thank you for reaching us for support. We are sorry that Web Advisor was removed from your browser.

Normally when a browser is being updated, it will not delete any add ons which was already on it. But if it does, it could be because the browser ran into a problem while updating. If update fails, the browser might erase some of the features in it. 

We request you to follow the instructions in the below link to install WebAdvisor to your Firefox browser. 

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS100862&from...

You will have protection from malicious websites from McAfee LiveSafe, but with WebAdvisor installed you will have additional protection because it was specifically designed for it.

Please try installation by following the instructions in the above link and let us know if you face any difficulty.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan J

jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your response, however, the third try was unsuccessful. Next suggestion?

karthikeyan_J
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 7

Hi @jwnova142,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please provide the below information, so that we could take this forward and help you further.

• Firefox Version
  • Windows OS Version
  • Was the installation successful?
  • Screenshot of error message if any
  • If installed, is it visible in Add Ons

Thanks,

Karthikeyan J

jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Firefox version 74.0.1

Windows 10

Installation of WebAdvisor?  Don't know. Doesn't shop up in Programs and Features and the WA icon and search result notations are still missing.

No error message. Not visible in Add-ons

jwnova142
Contributor III
Message 6 of 7

I'm Baaaack! Once more into the breach and all that. 1/19/21

The green safe site annotations on Web Advisor have disappeared again. I use Firefox (though annotations do not appear on IE). The WA add-on appears on Firefox; I uninstalled and reinstalled WA; I checked the appropriate box in WA to be notified of safe sites; etc. So what do I do this time?

McAfee certainly has problems with WA.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Seems google changed sometime another scanner has same issue with FF and google so I hear.  Same issue with chromium edge  as well and Mods know of it. Changing to bing works till they fix it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community