Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kipper47
Former Member
Message 21 of 22

Re: Disable the pop-up?

Jump to solution

Hi guys. Sorry to have taken so long to reply. Yesterday evening I was typing a reply and my system went belly up. The event log wasn't very helpful. But I've now done the following: full manually initiated Windows update including optionals; update a Dell driver; full system scan using McAfee (no issues were detected); complete deletion of browsing history (all boxes checked, favourites not kept). The result is a much cleaner event log, but that pop-up still appears intermittently.

The whitelist is still as I showed in my posting at 16:11 on 7 July (number 15 in this thread). I don't believe its contents are relevant, as the problem occurred occasionally even when the list was completely empty. I suspect that catdaddy may be right to suggest an IE11 issue. A couple of other things that IE11 does: I usually open new pages in new windows rather than in new tabs, and occasionally a window that doesn't have the current focus will appear to steal it and jump to the front. This can happen even while I'm typing (e.g. editing Wikipedia pages). Also, when I close windows, I sometimes get a dialogue box saying that IE11 has failed. I've always assumed that these are simply IE11 glitches.

My home page is simply about:Tabs. I've never bothered to change it. As far as I can tell, the popup can appear while on any web site. I've seen it on this board, on Wikipedia (even just my watch list there), on brainbashers.com, and this morning I got it on YouTube (not signed in). But these are sites that thousand of people visit, so if you aren't getting this reported by other users, I think it's more likely to be something in my system rather than anything to do with the web sites.

One thing I will say: I very much appreciate all the time you're spending on this, but it's only a pop-up, not a loss of functionality. Also, I'm considering moving to Windows 10 quite early after the initial flurry, so it may be worth just living with this for the time being.

Kind regards,

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 22

Re: Disable the pop-up?

Jump to solution

I wanted to thank you for your Prompt response. I will forward your response to the Appropiate individuals. Please know that as we do with (all) reported issues. We attempt to seek resolutions for the problems one may have. In certain scenarios, more time is required to accomplish that goal. Due to the variables involved and the steps needed to be taken.

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community