Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kipper47
Former Member
Message 1 of 22

Disable the pop-up?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to disable the pop-up that appears at the top of every loaded web page saying "We're scanning your download just to be safe"? It's good that the scanning is being done, but the pop-up occurring every single time is very irritating. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kipper47
Former Member
Message 15 of 22

Re: Disable the pop-up?

Jump to solution

Hi. Thanks for the time you're spending on this, and for the very clear instructions you're giving.

This is a bit curious: I loaded the IE11 WebAdviser options dialogue to make a screenshot for you, and for privacy reasons cleared the list of trusted sites. Having done so, I could no longer reproduce the issue. I tried a page with media on, pages I know to have changed since I last accessed them, and pages I've never accessed before. I then added this community site and en.wikipedia.org back into the list of trusted sites, and then tried again. Still no pop-up. I haven't done anything else that might affect any of my system's configuration, so I can only guess that something in that trusted websites list must have been giving rise to the problem.

By the way, I have choice 2 set -- "... in any search engine" -- not choice 1. I haven't changed this.

<s>As I can't reproduce the problem at the moment and I don't want to waste your time, shall we assume that it's solved for now? Also, since it seems to be an issue on my system, if you want to close or delete or whatever you do to the Product Idea I raised about this this morning, I'd have no problem with that. Its the one at .</s>

Best,

View solution in original post

21 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 22

Jump to solution

I assume you are referring to McAfee WebAdvisor. Normally it scans 'silently' in the background from my experience. However upon accessing a 'Download' it prompts me that it is Scanning it. Could you please open your McAfee User Interface, and click on 'About ' to see what Version you have please?

Regards

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 22

Jump to solution

Not possible, sorry.  You could perhaps suggest the option: 

kipper47
Former Member
Message 4 of 22

Jump to solution

Thanks, I've done so.

kipper47
Former Member
Message 5 of 22

Jump to solution

Yes, Web Adviser. I have version 14.0, build 14.0.1029, downloaded 16/6/2015. I think you're getting the same as me -- but it appears to consider every web page to be a "download".

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 22

Jump to solution

Actually that is your Security Suite Build/Version. Mine is 14.0.0.1076. Kindly scroll down further till you see McAfee WebAdvisor.My version/Build is v4.0.0.316. Are you saying that you get a prompt simply surfing?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
kipper47
Former Member
Message 7 of 22

Jump to solution

Silly me Mine is 4.0.0.316 too. Yes, simply surfing gets the pop-up, but it's not a prompt, just an advisory. It disappears when the scan is done.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 22

Jump to solution

Then you are current..

All the best !!!!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 22

Jump to solution

Simply surfing shouldn't produce a pop-up at every page unless you use Chrome and got that bug that was reported elsewhere.  Not sure what it was but I felt it was due to a glitch in Google Ads and WebAdvisor didn't like any of it so kept warning.  A browser reset in Advanced Settings did the trick but of course you must then re-start your add-ons.

kipper47
Former Member
Message 10 of 22

Jump to solution

I'm using IE11 at the mo, never Chrome or any other. What I'm getting isn't a warning that it doesn't like anything, but simply a banner popping up to say it's scanning.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community