cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josh44
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Citrix easy access desktop not working with McAfee Security Center

About 3 weeks ago I was able to use Citrix easy access desktop (EAD) to gain access to my at work desktop to check my emails and such but now I can't open Citrix EAD. I can get to the point of clicking the link as I always have but it only shows that its loading for about 3 seconds, sometimes a "running antivirus software" pops up at the bottom of the screen and then in 3 seconds its gone, and no window pops up for the EAD. I tried switching to compatibility mode on internet explorer 11 which is up to date but nothing works. I also tried using FireFox, Chrome, and Safari and had even worse results and couldn't get as far as I did before. I even tried calling IT at work and they couldn't help me. The problem seems to be with McAfee as I noticed one other person was having this problem on the forum but no solution was given. Anyone have any ideas?

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Citrix easy access desktop not working with McAfee Security Center

You probably need to give whatever software is associated with it full access in Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs and maybe open a port but what I am not quite sure.

Technical Support may be able to help as I believe McAfee uses Citrix internally, so they should know.  It;s free of charge and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community