cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keefge
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Captcha problem when requesting a site review

I'm having difficulty with the Mcafee Site Advisor (Reviewer Central) page capcha.

Every time I try to request a review, having input the correct answer, I keep getting the following message:

Error occured

• The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed.

The page this problem seems to be affecting is here:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/analysis/recommendchanges/?url=sessile-oak.co.uk

I know for certain that I'm typing the correct answer in the field but the message keeps reappearing. I've tried using different browsers but the problem remains. Any advice would be most appreciated.

PS * occurred

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Captcha problem when requesting a site review

Yes that Captcha thing is a nuisance to say the least.  We have reported it.   If you try a few times it will eventually work.

keefge
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply. At least it's not me that's causing the problem, for once... perhaps.

I've tried it many dozens of times over many days to no avail. It does seem a bit odd that a website which assesses the reliability of other sites should have such a basic and visible fault. On the other hand, I'm using a fairly outdated os and browser - so maybe it's a combination of both.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Try another browser maybe?  Meanwhile you should update your system.    I find if I refresh the Captcha 5 or 6 times it eventually will work.

on 13/10/13 11:36:40 EDT AM
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

The SiteAdvisor Captcha has been behaving very erratically for some time now. I have absolutely no idea why.

As I have noted before, it will refuse Captcha input 12 or 13 times then mysteriously relent and accept it.

Whatever is wrong here may be connected with the odd bug that means when I go to review a site I am presented with a Login dialog on the site page which refuses to accept my input; if I use the Log In option at the top right of that page I am taken to a Welcome page that says I am already logged in.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

See also this thread where I did a little research on Captchas and concluded the one being used wasn't up to the job -

https://community.mcafee.com/message/307717#307717

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community