cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

Cannot Download Site Advisor?

My Site Advisor icon went grey today, so I uninstalled and made an attempt to reinstall.
The Site Advisor site would not load up though, so I thought it could wait until later if the site really was down.
Well, upon trying the site again, it looks to be back up. There is one problem though:
when I click on the download button, a new window comes up with the Windows info bar.
I then proceed to click it and select the download file button, but when I do, the page immediately goes to a blank one that says, "navigation to the website cancelled".

Is the download button down now, or am I at fault here?
Also, the page which displays both web broswer versions has oddly been wiped away from the site.

Thanks! 🙂
~dtmcauliffe
11 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

RE: Cannot Download Site Advisor?

The servers have been up and down all day and I suspect that they are most likely overloaded right now as a result, so erratic and odd behaviour is to be expected for a while.

I would wait a while and try again.
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for letting me know! happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

It's not just Siteadvisor, it's all the McAfee servers apparently. Even this website was down for a while and I had problems accessing User Guides for just about anything.

Please tell me they aren't using Linux based servers...LOL! I'd love to shoot down some Linux-washed friends of mine.
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 5 of 12

Hmmm......that's an odd one.
I wonder what the problem could be...
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

It's been going on for ages off and on. I guess one department can't get the budget they need.
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

Well, it's still not letting me download.
Is there anywhere else I can get Site Advisor?
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

hmm

For the past 48 hrs all McAfee servers are having issues possibly due to maintenance

you may receive errors like 12152 or 12002 etc.. indicating a connection issue

If you are trying to download try a customized download is small bits or try after a day.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 12

RE: hmm

There are only two places, your account or http://siteadvisor.com/
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 10 of 12

RE: hmm

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I had to disable the Windows Information Bar in order for the download box to come up.
No other website is doing this to me, so I guess it is a bug.

For example, Amazon Music prompts me to download with the info bar.
When I click on it and click the download file button, the download box comes up.

This is certainly another odd one.... :confused:
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community