shmark
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Can't verify site

Hi,

I am trying to verify my domain but I keep getting the error message:

Error Verifying Site

Could not verify the Web site file

http://www.crappychristmasjumpers.co.uk/e87f9aa2982e3c8297620b3102c44c291cf0fad4.html

for the Web site www.crappychristmasjumpers.co.uk. Please be sure you have placed the verification file in the root Web directory of your site without changing the contents of the file, using the exact file name listed above.

and

Error Verifying Site

Could not verify the Web site file

http://crappychristmasjumpers.co.uk/6bf1ae0ebaec6c31664b4d7c3263316608232075.html

for the Web site crappychristmasjumpers.co.uk. Please be sure you have placed the verification file in the root Web directory of your site without changing the contents of the file, using the exact file name listed above.

If you try to locate the files above you will see that they have been uploaded.

The only thing I can think of is that this is Add-on domain??

I would appreciate any help on this

Shmark

6 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't verify site

I think if they're meant to go in the root directory I shouldn't be able to see them  🙂

This is what I was told by a Tier 3 tech -

Support should contact you and request you put an identifying file on the root of your web server – this file essentially

proves that you’re the website owner.  Our servers should be able to find that file, confirm your identity and proceed with the evaluation.

Note that this does NOT work with IPv6-only web servers – IPv4 must be operational.

Your server is dual IPv4/IPv6, IPv6 only, or IPv4 only?

btw I see that this is for a .uk site.  Did you do anything differently in the site-creation process when you set up the .ie site?

shmark
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

The root of the uk site is within the root of the whole hosting package or the original .ie site.

I have verified my original site before without any problems.

I presume the file needs to be readable therefore it can be viewed by the public.

I don't see what the problem is as the file is clearly there and it should be able to verify that.

I'm not sure what the server is but since this worked last year I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

shmark wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Nothing I can think of. Best guess is that it's something to do with

The root of the uk site is within the root of the whole hosting package

so I'll leave this for someone from the SiteAdvisor team to look at. Give the thread a bump if no-one from SA has replied in a day ot two.

shmark
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi can a moderator please help me get my site verified and tested?

This seems to be a common problem with verification not working.

Thanks,

Shmark

moveplot
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I am having the same problem.

I own moveplot.co.uk and i have uploaded a file name which would be found  http://www.moveplot.co.uk/53b0f6f4810cc58f03a19fbacf1796f6493cb5e1.html  

any ideas?

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

I hope both of you have emailed support@siteadvisor.com and asked for it to be looked at . You also need to read

https://community.mcafee.com/message/66185#66185

That said will point a tech here. Remember it is the weekend.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community