cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mialutz
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Can't post request for review to site advisor & can't create login due to captcha

Hey everyone. Your captcha is messed up it would appear.

I have tried dozens of times to submit my site for review because you're warning people it's a phishing site.

I keep getting this error.

Error occured

• The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed.

Our site is being classified as a phishing site? We're an online forum for the past 14 plus years and we're very much respectable. We are a PRIVATE paid forum and not sure why your system has classified us as such. We pay for constant security screening with sucuri etc and we show as clean and not hacked? Please help us figure out what happened to cause this to be vetted by you to be a dangerous phishing site?

Our site is www.digitalweddingforum.com

-Mark

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't post request for review to site advisor & can't create login due to captcha

They are aware of the problem with the captcha and I've found personally that it usually accepts it after 3 or 4 tries.   Obviously in your case it didn't.  Try another browser perhaps?

mialutz
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: Can't post request for review to site advisor & can't create login due to captcha

I tried Chrome and Firefox both as well as disabling my firewalls etc. Kinda fun that a security company can't get their submission security fixed. I guess that's why I run something else on my computers. My site is clean and I'd love to know what's going on with this false positive for phishing. But I can't submit it for review. Is there another way to submit?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Forget disabling firewall as that isn't necessary.  It will mysteriously work after a few tries - just keep trying.   

It's a captcha issue apparently so I think they are looking into replacinhg it with some other kind of authentication method.

I will pass on your comments.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

I had this Captcha issue before but it got resolved.  Apparently it's back.... 

I'm trying to get the team to investigate.

Meanwhile if you have a site dispute, the fastest way to get it looked at is to open a ticket at trustedsource.org.

HTH

mialutz
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Thanks I went over there and I'm trying to submit but when I goto the customer URL ticketing system it just sits and spins. I swear I must sound like a computer newb here but honestly I know what I'm doing. I built my first computer before consumers had hard drives and have hand built every single one since.

So I waited and I finally got status service unavailable? What kind of insanity is going on here at mcafee that you can't use their own tools to speak with them? To be clear this means I never get to see the suggest an alternative categorization?

Message was edited by: mialutz on 6/10/14 9:37:58 AM CDT
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Please try the following link listed below my Signature, (Last Link) Which can be found HERE

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 6/10/14 11:01:03 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

The Captcha problem caused a lot of difficulties last year. I analysed it (see this thread) and concluded that the SiteAdvisor implementation was a non-standard customised version. I reported it, and it was supposedly fixed. DougK is close to the SiteAdvisor people so if he's aware of a recurrence of the problem it should get their attention.

As far as I know there isn't a problem with using TrustedSource to query a site's reputation or request a review. Did you register with TrustedSource before attempting to submit your request?

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Update:

I've got this under investigation now.  So far, they've determined that it's NOT browser dependent and that it's intermittent (which means it's a bit more difficult to track down the cause), but they have been able to reproduce it and are working on figuring out the cause. 

Since it's out of my hands now, I can't provide an ETA on getting it resolved but my *guess* (and it is a guess) is that it won't take more than a week or so.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community