cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhamburger
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Can't download attachments in gmail

I am using IE8 on a Windows 7 PC.  Since last Friday, March 18th, whenever I tried to download an attachment from gmail, nothing happens and IE hangs.  I have to open Task Manager to kill the process.  I discovered today that if turn off Siteadvisor, the attachments downloaded just fine.  I have www.google.com and mail.google.com in my trusted sites list.  I noted that I received an update to Siteadvisor last Thursday, March 17th.  I believe Mcafee has introduced a problem that needs fixing.

2 Replies
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't download attachments in gmail

Rhamburger,

Please go to Programs and Features and select McAfee Product you have installed on your computer, click on the Unintall/ Change button.

sa uninstall.jpg

Check “Site Advisor” and remove it.

sa uninstall2.jpg

Restart your computer.

Go to www.SiteAdvior.com and click on “Free Download” button, continue with installation process.

sa install.jpg

Confirm that IE has site advisor toolbar enabled.

jamesrobert15
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't download attachments in gmail

So, there is a new alternative to do the same using Cigati Gmail Backup Tool, You can do this in just a few clicks, this tool is the most reliable according to the experts, and this comes with some unique feature that allows you to extract both email and attachments in different folders. So if you don't have technical knowledge, don't worry opt for this alternative to extract attachments from Gmail Emails.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community