cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred23092309
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Can't add certain websites to whitelist on WebAdvistor

I have the Mcafee Firefox Extension WebAdvisor running. The following website will not load: http://matt1234.viewnetcam.com:8073/

There is no alert, or warning, there is no blocking, it simply is a blank white screen and it stops loading. If I disable WebAdvisor, it loads just fine.

When I try to add the website to Whitelist, the + button doesn't turn blue, so I can't add it.

It seams any characters after ".com" will not be allowed.

In fact, NONE of the websites listed on the following website will load. Again, just a blank white screen when it stops loading. No reason given. No warning.

http://kiwisdr.com/public/

There must be a way to manually force WebAdvisor the accept these websites, or else I will have to disable Mcafee WebAdvisor and go with a competitor which doesn't block it.

Thanks

5 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't add certain websites to whitelist on WebAdvistor

Hello @Fred23092309 

Please remove the extension and re-add it to the Firefox browser. Also try updating the browser and check. Let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Madhan M

Fred23092309
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hello, 

I tried your suggestion. It doesn't work.

I have the latest version of Firefox browser 84.0.2 (64-bit)

I uninstalled Mcafee Web Advisor and reinstalled.  No luck

There must be some way find the computer file which has the white-listed websites and manually add them (which is too much effort really).

Maybe under ProgramData > Mcafee > WebAdvisor

Anyway, it looks like I will have to uninstall Mcafee WebAdvisor and go with WOT (Web of Trust) for my website protection.

I use those websites all the time, and Mcafee will not give me access to them while WebAdvisor is running, and no way to whitelist.....so it's completely useless to me.

too bad 😞

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 6

Opens in edge though with a not secure noting before the address in the address bar. Tested 3 2 opened.

Fred23092309
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Ah, thanks. Yes, I just tried adding Mcafee WebAdvisor to Microsoft Edge and it get's to the websites in question.

So it's specific to Firefox.  (Haven't tried Google Chrome.

I tried disabling all extentions on Firefox except for Mcafee WebAdvisor, and still no luck with the websites I want to access.

I'll just have to use Microsoft Edge for certain websites I guess, or temporarily disable Webadvisor when I need to.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Chrome works says same as edge not secure

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community