Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stellar893
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Business website still grey and untested by McAfee Site Advisor

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie, and this is my first post and would appreciate your help on this one.

My business website is still grey and has not been rated yet by McAfee Site Advisor. I verified the site more than a month ago and am still waiting for website to be tested. Maybe I am wrong, but I am getting the feeling that all websites get treated the same by Macafee Site Advisor. What do you think?

Would appreciate if some of you good people could let me know your experiences with how long it took your sites to be tested.

Thanks a lot. and hope to hear from you soon.

12 Replies
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 13

Re: Business website still grey and untested by McAfee Site Advisor

I moved this to our "other products" area. Hopefully someone can help you soon.

Delta78
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Poor show to McAfee. April Jacobes could have offered a bit of help, thats what a decent person whould have done. But instead she spent her time moving this query to another section. All McAfee want do do is sanitise the site and make it look good. How about a bit of help instead.

ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 13

My apologies Delta, I am not a product expert and therefore cannot answer your question. As Community Manager, one of my responsibilities is to make sure posts like this are in their proper place.

This is community-based support, mainly for our customers to share solutions with each other, though we do have some McAfee technicians who participate in their free time.

Have you made use of our regular support channels regarding your issue?

Delta78
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Thanks for your reply. If it was any other forum I am sure that I would have received some real input from other members of this forum. This leads me to believe that this forum is sanitised. Imagine no one responding to let me know about their experiences regaring the testing of their sites. The experience I am having, leads me to believe that this is the case.

Now you may or may not want to hear what I have to say, but I am going to be honest and open, so hear goes. I have tried the regular support channels regarding issues of sites remaining grey and I must reluctantly say that the response I reived would make anyone stay well away from McAfee. They told me that I should get back to them in two months time. That's pretty poor show from McAfee. Now if you want to compare that to Norton (Symantec), they tested my sites within a few days and all recived the green light. By the way, I do not work for Norton. Now that is what I call service and good technology. Perhaps the Norton technology is far superior to that of McAfee. What else could one think, cerrtainly 'the proof is in the pudding'. And as for service, what service. My philosophy is, don't take on a job if you are not geared to do it. Rather leave it to those that can..

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's whatI think.

ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 13

Hi Stellar893,

I've moved your post yet again, to our SiteAdvisor area. I'm not a product expert so hopefully another member of our community can help you soon.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Hi Stellar,

I understand that your website is yet to be tested by McAfee Siteadvisor and I apologize for the inconvenience and understand how important it is for you have this issue resolved. May I know, have you registered in the siteadvisor website and left a comment regarding your website to the siteadvisor team.

Regards,
Dinesh K

Stellar893
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Hi Dinesh,

Yes, I have registered on the siteadvisor website and left a comment regarding my website.Did this about a month and a half ago.

Regards

BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, Can you provide some more details about the site and the rating you received from McAfee site Advisor team. Try to follow this links given bellow and let us know if issue persists. We I’ll do our best to help you.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/webmasters/index.html

http://www.siteadvisor.com/disputeresolution.html

Stellar893
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Hello Bala,

The sites are as follows:

www.homeloandepot.com.au

www.facilitiesmanagementservices.com.au

www.theloandepot.com.au

www.bostonliberty.com.au

www.mortgagesbroker.com.au

The above sites are all untested by McAfee SiteAdvisor and as such are coloured grey.

I have followed the linkes before and wrote to McAfee on 25 Januar 2010 and recived correspondence from them, the last being as follows:

And I quote.

Ticket ID #-91786-391

Hello Leon,

Thank you for contacting us. SiteAdvisor appreciates your continued interest in its web safety rating these sites.

We have already submitted your sites for testing previously. It takes time for new web safety test results to mature and propagage through our database. You can expect to see an updated site rating in the near future. We apologise for anyu aggrevation this has caused you.

Sincerely,

Masthanaiah,

Avert Services

McAfee Site Advisor. Unquote.

Interesting that Masthanaiah from Advert Services at McAfee SiteAdvisor says it "takes time'. The question is how much time. So far I have been waiting a month and a half, and nothing yet. B

ased on what has happened so far the service from McAfee has been poor. I challence anyone to convince me otherwise.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community