cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sugarbombblast
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Blog Getting Site Adviser Popup - AND Mcafees Site As Well??

Hi.

I just went onto my blogspot (which I am still developing, so it hasn't even been published yet) to carry on with my design and what not. I got this popup saying that my blog had been identified as a page with dangerous or suspicious content. Seeing as recently (long before this popup came up) there was a lovely button that I was using that came from a site that had itself been hacked or something, I automatically assumed that it was an image that I was linking back to out of sheer laziness, that had been affected.

(There you go. The payback of hotlinking.)

So I ran a test and the Mcafee Webwasher or whatever it's called had it labeled as Mild, so I went to view the blocked content. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the blocked page and the unblocked page. There was nothing new on it, and I couldn't identify what was wrong even after I changed a lot of the urls that I had recently added that must have caused this stirr SHOULD anything have gone wrong?

So I then googled this just to see if I could identify somehow what this blocked content was and I came up with (some other, completely random, thread on this Siteadviser section with the same problem) so thought I would register. Just as I was registering, I got exactly the same popup saying that the Mcafee site itself had been identified of being dangerous or suspicious. (And yes, it was definitely the official Mcafee site.) Is this.. an error or has something been hacked?

I have put a link back to the picture here if you want to view it: http://i47.tinypic.com/2586tj7.jpg But the button next to the address bar appears as green... So, I'm assuming that I've got a problem here or what? Did a scan of my PC and nothing seems to have come up.

I am using Google Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m (currently, it got updated last night but this was happening before then)

I am using Windows 7 Professional SP1

I have Mcafee Internet Security Suite 2012 (although it's never done this before)

Umm..??

1 Reply
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Blog Getting Site Adviser Popup - AND Mcafees Site As Well??

There are 3 other threads on this. It's a problem with external content, most probably just AddThis (waiting for other posters to suggest other possibilities).

Read the other threads, it's all explained (sort of) in those.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community