cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lars
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Blocked by McAffe

Our company sight has been blocked by McAffe. How to I ping it as ok. How do I have the block removed? We have had a problem but that is removed and we are oked by Google and the host (one.com).

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: Blocked by McAffe

Moved this to WebAdvisor as it's most likely that which is blocking the site.

Register with Trusted source and request a review it should be cleared up within 2-3 days

How To Contact WebAdvisor/SiteAdvisor & TrustedSource

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

When you submit the information requested in the link that ExBrit posted you should get a reply back with an analysis id number. It might be 2 to 3 days to get resolved but in case it does not then I suggest you post the id number and one of the moderators could escalate this to get it resolved.

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

lars wrote:

Our company sight has been blocked by McAffe. How to I ping it as ok. How do I have the block removed? We have had a problem but that is removed and we are oked by Google and the host (one.com).

What is your actual company site URL?  You only mention the host (one.com).

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I'm onto this. I'll let you know what I find.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Good morning ​, I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

You haven't given us much information to help you with, but I was able to find your LinkedIn profile and there I found three websites that you are associated with. I have only checked the first one, "Dotank.se", do you want me to investigate the other two?

You say that

We have had a problem but that is removed and we are oked by Google and the host

I can see that Dotank.se was hacked by intruders who inserted into the web pages links to malicious websites peddling fake pharmaceuticals. I don't know how many of those links you have removed, but some of them can still be seen in the page code and are detected by the automatic site checkers I used to scan the site. These are classified as SEO Spam and malicious code. Because of this SiteAdvisor will not be able to give the website a Green (safe) rating until the links are all removed.

You can see the results of the automated scans here -

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/    - enter the website URL to re-scan the site.

http://labs.sucuri.net/db/malware/malware-entry-mwspamseo?r&v28

Sucuri notes only one instance of SEO Spam, in "Dotank.se/no/"; I can see this in the page code on Line 231 -

[[<a style="text-decoration:none" href="/buy-cheap-requip-daily">.</a >]]

https://quttera.com/detailed_report/dotank.se

Quttera finds four infected files :

- two under ../no

- one under ../kontakt

a style="text-decoration:none" href="/best-price-trileptal">.</a></p>

- one under "/?p=13" which may be a duplicate.

Details of the malicious links and the surrounding code can be found under the "Scanned files analysis" tab by clicking on "View Code", next to "Threat dump".

That's all I've got time for right now. At least now you can see where the remaining problems are (or were).

Let us know if you need any more help; we're happy to do what we can.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Thanks Peter for all the hard work One does not realize the time involved 'Digging Down' and all the pages you have to go through' investigating such.  Much Appreciated...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community