Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zachar
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Biggest polish automotive site blocked by SiteAdvisor - pls, help

Hello Everybody,

I manage the biggest polish auto-moto website www.AutoCentrum.pl (>>100.000 visits daily, we are  already ca 14 years online).

Recently some of our users reported, that McAfee (since Novemver already, omg) redirects them to SiteAdvisor, which suggests that (translation from polish, original screenshot attached)

The site contains at least one misleading information.

I will consider all the changes you suggest - but please, let me know why SiteAdvisor means our site is dangerous? What's wrong with us

Thanks in advance!

regards

Zachar

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Biggest polish automotive site blocked by SiteAdvisor - pls, help

I get no issues when going to that web page but I'm not using Secure Search option in SA as that gives warnings for just about evereything, however I would wait until someone with more knowledge of this product sees this.

This is the SiteAdvisor page for that site that I see:  https://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/http://www.autocentrum.pl/?pip=true&premium=true&client_uid=388586...

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/12/13 1:06:12 EST PM
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Google translates the SiteAdvisor message as follows :

While browsing the site found that it contains at least one misleading information.

http://www.autocentrum.pl/mojeac/  can be dangerous

I put "mojeac" into the translator and the nearest translation I can find is "my account". Is that correct?

SiteAdvisor is Green for part of the site at least : only "http://www.autocentrum.pl/mojeac/" is Red in SiteAdvisor

autocentrum SA Green.PNG

autocentrum mojeac SA Red.PNG

What is strange is that TrustedSource gives this subdomain a Green rating -

TrustedSource autocentrum mojeac.PNG

Google Safe Browsing does not find any problem either with the website or with its IP address.

There are 11 iframes on the site according to Quttera, and they all appear to be delivering third-party advertisements. This is a possible reason for blacklisting; if any of those advertisements were malicious the site would be rated Red as a result.

The site does have links to a number of external sites for advertising and visitor-tracking, but none of those external sites deliver malicious content, I think.

Quttera does however note one suspicious file, which may not be malicious :

Quttera suspicious file 1.PNG

Quttera suspicious file extract.PNG

- and in the list of links shown in Sucuri there is one which looks out of place -

Sucuri links.PNG

That's all I have found so far. The most likely cause of the SiteAdvisor warning is a third-party advertisement delivered via an iframe, but you should look at the other possibilities just in case one of them is significant.

zachar
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Thank you, this looks like a safe rating. Will come back to revise this info later on.

zachar
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

That is right - this is my account

moje=my

ac=AutoCentrum which results in mojeac

We will check all reported issues tomorrow!  Thank you very much!

Regards!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community