cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
condividete
Former Member
Message 1 of 19

Being penalized on Facebook by Site Advisor

Hello, all of a sudden my recenlty registered domain condividete.net (whose links i publish on my facebook pages with regularity) has been somehow flagged because Mcafee Site Advisor has not yet verified it.
So in recent days i've had nearly ZERO visitors coming from FB, because they stumble on the warning message and go away!!!

I've tried to register to the Advisor site and submit url for verification BUT i've encountered the infamous error "It appears that the Web site condividete.net (or www.condividete.net) is returning an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages..." and just for make the situation worse, my user on advisor site lacks the validation (i've not received any email since registering) so i cannot even leave a comment or such for any domain.
I ask for help getting my site reviewed and gaining the green mark as soon as possible, i don't think i can do this on my own.
Thanks in advance.

18 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: Being penalized on Facebook by Site Advisor

I can link to your site from Facebook without any warnings, and even though SiteAdvisor has not fully tested your site the McAfee icon is Green - which means, there are no problems so far. Do you still see the warning?

Posso collegare al tuo sito da Facebook senza alcun avviso, e anche se non SiteAdvisor ha pienamente testato il sito l'icona McAfee è verde - il che significa, non ci sono problemi finora.  Non si vede ancora l'avviso?

(La traduzione è ok?)

condividete
Former Member
Message 3 of 19

Yes, thank you, just now the links work without warnings, but i forgot to tell that it's the second time i got this problem, in a few weeks. The warnings stay there for almost 2 days then go away.
I hope that won't become a random recurrence until the advisor analyzes my domain

P.S. Translation is quite good, not perfect but good

flogger
Former Member
Message 4 of 19

I would like to know if there's an option for Site Advisor where we can add a website in the trust list so Mcafeee would recognize it as "safe" in the future.

condividete
Former Member
Message 5 of 19

OMG The warning has appeared again today!!!

condividete
Former Member
Message 6 of 19

I noticed that my site now has the green flag! so WHY the links published on Facebook report still the same warning???

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 7 of 19

condividete wrote:

I noticed that my site now has the green flag! so WHY the links published on Facebook report still the same warning???

Hi condividete,

What browser are you using?

condividete
Former Member
Message 8 of 19

Google Chrome and/or Internet Explorer. No difference...
Go here for example http://www.facebook.com/giustiziaelavoro and click on the links directing to condividete.net (domain is configured to redirect to condividete.altervista.org) and you'll see the warning. It's still there and my Fb visitors are near 0 again

condividete
Former Member
Message 9 of 19

So after 48 hours of this problem, i'm about to STOP publishing by links on FB to avoid gaining a bad reputations among users. Wonder if i should "thank" Mcafee for the money i'm losing...

condividete
Former Member
Message 10 of 19

And here we go again, i'm sure that when my site gets much traffic, that triggers the false positive warnings. This is getting ridiculous, what should i do?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community