cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWH803
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Balloons Still won't Function: V 2.9.239

Free McAfee SiteAdvisor V 2.9.239 running in IE7 with or without DropMyRights (reduced Rights) in my XP Home SP3 environment in which all Microsoft IE and SP3 updates available at this writing are applied. Problem occurs even with Trusted MS Update site at first IE start after boot.

Defects Still Remaining (These same defects were in Free McAfee SiteAdvisor since V 2.8.277):
-Blue “About” pop-up won’t close.
-Blue “General Settings and Search Settings” pop-up won’t close and options cannot be modified
-Green “Show Balloon” pop-up won’t close manually but times out and goes away.

Work around is to close the IE7 Tab that was active when the SiteAdvisor pop-up was created. Terminating the IE7 session also works. Disable/Enable pull down function works because it has no pop-up.

The “Upgrade without Permission” is still present but now it does not fail in my reduced rights IE environment. I would prefer being able to control “upgrades”.

Double Bah!
1 Reply
CWH803
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Balloons Still won't Function: V 2.9.239

Anil Kumar, aka pddtest, has spammed this Help forum for and by McAfee SiteAdvisor users with multiple copies of a rant describing a perceived problem with McAfee's handling of a particular sites's rating evaluation details.

These spam posts should be removed from this forum.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community