cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rainy
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Activate

I have downloaded Site advisor but nothing has happened. Am I supposed to activate it. If so how.
7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

RE: Activate

It should install automatically and you may have to enable it under browser add-ons. What browser and version are you using?
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Rainy, did you run the downloaded application after you closed all browser applications?

A reboot may be necessary to complete the install.
Rainy
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Yes and I've rebooted a few times sincedownloading
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Right-click the toolbar in IE & make sure that the toolbar is checked/activated. In Firefox make sure that it is enabled in Tools/Add-ons.

You still haven't mentioned what browser this is and what version.
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Plus the operating system and Service Packs installed.
Rainy
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

I uninstalled. Tried again and it is only a 1 year trial. I must also subscribe to something else. Not worth it.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Rainy, despite repeated requests you did not post any information on which browser and version thereof this is all about, so there isn't much we can do for you anyway. (Usually found under "Help/About").
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community